HASA Announcement: Recently-Updated Stories

  • Marta Layton
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 18, 2007
      The following members have birthday this week. If you're in the
      drabbling mood, why not write them 100 words as a birthday card?

      Nieriel Raina requested anything with Glorfindel and Ecthelion prior to
      the Fall of Gondolin, Thranduil as the Elvenking, or serious Legolas and
      Gimli. No slash please. Or to really make my day how about something het
      with Erestor?

      *******

      This week's focus: RECENTLY UPDATED STORIES

      All of us writers love feedback. It is the lembas and miruvor that
      sustains us as we write our story, and leaving a few words about a story
      is always a nice thing to do, whether the story is new or old.

      Every fifteen minutes HASA hilights a story chosen at random from the
      Reviewed and General stories in the archive. The current story is

      Erin's 2005 Birthday Prezzies by various authors
      Erin's 2005 Birthday Drabbles: gifts from the kind muses of others. My
      B-day drabble request is: I would like to see any interaction between
      any Rohirrim, canon or oc, and any Dunedain. Wherever your imagination
      places you!

      Why not go to http://www.henneth-annun.net/ and check out the currently
      featured story?

      Many talented writers are publishing every day. Check out these stories
      just added to HASA:

      Reviewed Stories --- http://www.henneth-annun.net/stories/story_reviewed.cfm

      The Wink of an Eye by Linda Hoyland ---
      http://www.henneth-annun.net/stories/chapter.cfm?stid=7242
      Everyone has a need for fun, even fallen Maiar. See what Sauron does for
      kicks in the late Third Age.... 100 Words as counted in MS Word. With
      thanks to Raksha.

      Tying Notes by Imhiriel ---
      http://www.henneth-annun.net/stories/chapter.cfm?stid=6938
      Faramir at a reception of the Ambassador of Harad. Drabble.

      ~*~

      General Stories --- http://www.henneth-annun.net/stories/story_general.cfm
      The Reluctant Warrior by Aiwendiel ---
      http://www.henneth-annun.net/stories/chapter.cfm?stid=7265
      Gandalf, thirteen Dwarves and one hobbit are about to depart from
      Rivendell on their adventure. But Gandalf’s sense of ominous foreboding
      is strong. Serious doubt has awakened in the wizard after hearing Elrond
      translate the runes carved on a very old sword, causing him to question
      his claim on it. Two Elf Lords help an Istari face up to and overcome
      his hidden fear.

      The Lion and His Lady by Lialathuveril ---
      http://www.henneth-annun.net/stories/chapter.cfm?stid=7225
      How did Éomer, King of Rohan, meet his wife? This is a series of
      oneshots describing different scenarios, some long some short, some
      serious some less so. No connection with each other or any of my other
      stories.

      ~*~

      Beta Stories --- http://www.henneth-annun.net/stories/story_beta.cfm
      (Please note, you need to be logged in to view these stories.)

      Black is the Color of My True Love's Hair --- Five moments in the lives
      of Denethor and Aragorn. Slash. (WIP) (Adult)

      Finding Arwen by Lady Donalwen ---
      http://www.henneth-annun.net/stories/chapter.cfm?stid=6735
      A-U if Arwen went missing for a couple of years and Aragorn meets and
      marries someone else. Arwen is found, but Aragorn is engaged to another
      woman and Arwen and firends must break the engagment before its too
      late. (WIP)

      ********

      And now for your mid-month nuzgul. Because the only way to get stories
      to read is for someone to write them, and that requires our fangy little
      friends.

      Lord of the Rings/Harry Potter Crossover ---
      http://www.henneth-annun.net/forums/messages.cfm?confId=0&forumId=5&messageId=51292
      There's a potential challenge to write Tolkien/Potter crossovers, set in
      the world of Middle-earth. The prompt:

      " The challenge is asking for cross-over stories no longer than 30.000
      characters (approx. 20 pages). The stories should feature the
      characters, settings, and major story line of The Lord of the Rings as
      their main setting. I'd love for the stories to stick as close as
      possible to canon, thus please no OCs. Slash stories are welcome."

      If you don't feel the tickle of little fangs in your ankle yet, there
      are many more potential stories just waiting to be written. Read all of
      HASA's many story prompts in our Nuzgul hutch @
      http://www.henneth-annun.net/members/challenge/nuzgul.cfm.

      Do you have a suggestion you'd like to see added to the hutch? Submit it
      using the "Submit a Story Suggestion" form at
      http://www.henneth-annun.net/members/challenge/suggest.cfm.

      Happy reviewing!

      Marta

      PS- Do you have something in particular you would like included in next
      week's announcement? If so, please email HASANews@....
    • melayton@gmail.com
      Message 2 of 2 , May 25, 2008
        BIRTHDAY DRABBLES

        The following members have birthday this week. If you're in the
        drabbling mood, why not write them 100 words as a birthday card?

        Dwim [May 25] requested any AU drabble or "fics dealing with political
        situations.

        The following drabbles have been written in the following week:

        http://henneth-annun.net/forums/messages.cfm?confId=0&forumId=482&messageId=51739

        --- "Mercy" by illereyn for Dwimordene
        --- "Our Lily" by thelauderdale for Dwimordene
        --- "Narn i Hîn Elrond" by Jay of Lasgalen for RiverOtter, Nath, and
        Dwimordene
        --- "(untitled)" by maya_ar for Dwimordene
        --- "Land Stroke" by Elena Tiriel for Dwimordene
        --- "Least Expected" by Imhiriel for Dwimordene

        If you have a birthday in May and would like a drabble about your
        favorite character or topic, you can request it at

        http://henneth-annun.net/forums/messages.cfm?confId=0&forumId=482&messageId=51739

        The thread to request drabbles for next month is not up yet, but should
        be soon. If you have a birthday in June, be on the lookout for it.

        *******

        This week's focus: FORUMS

        One of the best ways to get involved at HASA is through our forums.
        People are discussing research questions and stories as well as having
        fannish squees regularly there.

        Some useful forum links:

        http://www.henneth-annun.net/forums/index.cfm
        "On Our Minds" displays the ten most recent posts in forums open to all
        HASA members. It's a good way to catch up on what you've missed, though
        the page can move quickly when lots of forums are active at once.

        http://www.henneth-annun.net/forums/latest.cfm
        If you've been out of touch for longer than a few days you might want to
        use the "One Month of Posts" page. This page has just what it sounds
        like: a list of forums that have been posted to in the last month,
        beginning with the most recently updated.

        http://www.henneth-annun.net/members/workshop/workshop_list.cfm
        Workshops are specialized writing communities. They allow you to share
        stories you aren't ready to post to the whole site, and many have
        interesting forums attached to them. Explore workshops to find a group
        of members interested in similar topics. (You must be logged in to see
        this link.

        Now, here are some of the most recently-updated threads in HASA forum.
        Don't be shy. If any interest you, why not jump in?

        May 2008 Birthdays (in HASA Birthday Card Forum)
        http://henneth-annun.net/forums/messages.cfm?confId=0&forumId=482&messageId=51739

        Question About Avari Elves – Physical Appearance (in Research Questions)
        http://henneth-annun.net/forums/messages.cfm?confId=0&forumId=4&messageId=51816

        Science in Middle-earth (in Prospective Challenges)
        http://henneth-annun.net/forums/messages.cfm?confId=0&forumId=5&messageId=51722

        Here's hoping this week finds you having many interesting discussion
        about all things Tolkien. Because, really, you were trying to cut back
        on sleep anyway, right?

        Until next time,
        Marta

        PS- Do you have something in particular you would like included in next
        week's announcement? If so, please contact me through
        http://www.henneth-annun.net/about/contact.cfm?GBStoryID=14.