HASA Update: Challenges

  • Marta Layton
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 4 9:02 PM

      November birthday babies: the thread to request drabbles for your
      birthday is up. If you have a birthday this month, please visit the
      below link and post a request.

      And don't forget to set up a story for any stories written for your
      birthday. If you have questions about how to do this, just post at the
      above forum.

      There are no drabble requests for this week. To see requests for later
      this month, just go to the above forum.

      Imhiriel has agreed to manage the birthday drabbles forum and the
      associated challenges and workshop. Feel free to ask her if you have any
      questions about anything connected to birthday drabbles.

      This Week's Focus: CHALLENGES

      November 13 - Eleftheria Baggins: My birthday is on the thirteenth and
      for my request I would love anything with angst for Frodo. I don't mind
      other characters popping in too though. No slash.

      November 27 - Aranel Took: I'd like some Dwarven romance, because
      Dwarves need love too! Any era, any pairing, OCs are welcome.

      Post your request at the Birthday Cards Forum

      Please create your story and add it to the birthday card workshop. This
      lets others put drabbles they write in an easily accessible location.
      Enter your story in the challenge for NOVEMBER drabbles. All birthday
      stories will also now be listed in a master playlist. There are
      instructions on how to do all this at the top of each thread in the
      Birthday Cards Forum; if you need help with the workshop, just ask the
      Workshop Manager, Gwynnyd.

      New Challenges
      Make a suggestion in the prospective Challenges thread. When five
      people accept, you have created a new Challenge.

      Suggest a new challenge at

      Old Challenges
      New Members 2006 - 2007 October 29 2007
      This is a challenge for new members. By definition, a new member is any
      member who has been a member for fewer than four months or who, at the
      time of reading this, has written three (3) or fewer Tolkien fanfics.

      Choose one of the following - there are choices from any Age, from "The
      Hobbit," from "Lord of the Rings," from "The Silmarillion", from
      "Unfinished Tales", and three choices from the Peter Jackson "Lord of
      the Rings" - movies.

      Write a story on any of these prompts. There are no page limits.

      X takes the Ring - AU Challenge March 25 2008
      I have seen a few stories over the years where for instance Galadriel
      takes the Ring when Frodo offers it to her. But what would happen if
      others were to take it, for any reason, good or evil? Aragorn? Boromir,
      Gandalf, or Pippin perhaps? Or Sam abandons Frodo at Cirith Ungol and
      goes on alone to try to destroy the Ring...

      It wouldn't have to be a member of the Fellowship; maybe Barliman
      Butterbur finds a golden ring in the room the Hobbits usedÅ  or Bilbo
      loses it on one of his walking trips in the Shire.

      These could be anything, serious, funny, dark; from drabbles to
      multi-chapter AUs, and anything in between.

      Keep a New Year's resolution.

      Wander over to the Nuzgul pen and adopt one today.

      Review one story weekly.

      Browse the Resources.

      Leave a comment monthly.

      Happy writing!

      Fangedly yours,
      >:-E Marta

      PS- Do you have something in particular you would like included in next
      week's announcement? If so, please email HASANews(at)henneth-annun.net.