HASA Announcement - Forum

  • Marta Layton
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 28, 2007
      BIRTHDAY DRABBLES

      The following members have birthday this week. If you're in the
      drabbling mood, why not write them 100 words as a birthday card?

      Raksha the Demon requested "I'd particularly like something about the
      relationship of Faramir and Gandalf, but anything Faramir will do
      (except slash, no thanks)." (October 31)

      The November thread is up. If you have a November birthday please
      request a drabble at

      http://www.henneth-annun.net/forums/threads.cfm?confID=0&forumID=482&messageID=51111

      *******

      This week's focus: FORUMS

      One of the best ways to get involved at HASA is through our forums.
      People are discussing research questions and stories as well as having
      fannish squees regularly there.

      Some useful forum links (you must be logged in for all of these):

      http://www.henneth-annun.net/forums/index.cfm
      "On Our Minds" displays the ten most recent posts in forums open to all
      HASA members. It's a good way to catch up on what you've missed, though
      the page can move quickly when lots of forums are active at once.

      http://www.henneth-annun.net/forums/latest.cfm
      If you've been out of touch for longer than a few days you might want to
      use the "One Month of Posts" page. This page has just what it sounds
      like: a list of forums that have been posted to in the last month,
      beginning with the most recently updated.

      http://www.henneth-annun.net/members/workshop/workshop_list.cfm
      Workshops are specialized writing communities. They allow you to share
      stories you aren't ready to post to the whole site, and many have
      interesting forums attached to them. Explore workshops to find a group
      of members interested in similar topics.

      Now, here are some of the most recently-updated threads in HASA forum.
      Don't be shy. If any interest you, why not jump in?

      HASA Birthday Cards Forum ---
      http://www.henneth-annun.net/forums/messages.cfm?confID=0&forumID=482&messageID=51111
      Subject: October 2007 Birthdays

      Aliana's fics (and occasional randomness) ---
      http://www.henneth-annun.net/forums/messages.cfm?confID=0&forumID=565&messageID=51183
      Subject: Fallen, the Fourth

      HASA Birthday Cards Forum ---
      http://www.henneth-annun.net/forums/messages.cfm?confID=0&forumID=482&messageID=51214
      Subject: New Birthday Drabbles Volunteer

      Here's hoping this week finds you having many interesting discussion
      about all things Tolkien. Because, really, you were trying to cut back
      on sleep anyway, right?

      Until next time,
      Marta

      PS- Do you have something in particular you would like included in next
      week's announcement? If so, please email HASANews@....