HASA Announcement for September 30-October 1

  • Marta
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 1, 2007
      BIRTHDAY DRABBLES

      The October birthday drabble thread is up! If you have an October
      birthday, please add your request to the Birthday Cards Forum @

      http://henneth-annun.net/forums/messages.cfm?confId=5&forumId=482&messageId=51111#51111

      By the way – we're looking for someone to help manage the birthday
      drabbles. You'd set up the monthly thread, add people's requests to
      the top post of the thread, and setting up and closing a challenge
      each month. If you're interested in helping out, please email
      HASANews@....

      *******

      From now on, every month that has five Sundays, for the fifth Sunday
      we'll have a quick challenge. Quickie challenges are different from
      normal challenges in that you don't have to promise to write a story
      idea; you just write it, and if five stories are written the challenge
      will be made public.

      The big difference is that, as the name suggests, QC's don't last for
      months. In fact they'll only run two weeks. Write drabbles, poems,
      one-shots, or anything else you have time to come up with in the time
      frame. I find it quite fun and liberating not to have to perfect
      something for months. And it's exciting to know other people are
      writing at the same time.

      This month's challenge is: Party Time!

      September 22 is the date of Bilbo's and Frodo's famous birthday party.
      And September 29-30 is the night that Frodo, Merry, Pippin, and Sam
      spent in Bree. In honor of these two events, write a story that
      involves either a bar/pub/common room of some sort, or a party. Or
      both. Whatever else you want to include is up to you.

      Enter this challenge @

      http://www.henneth-annun.net/forums/messages.cfm?confId=5&forumId=5&messageId=51109">

      DEADLINE: October 17

      *******

      That's it until next week!

      Marta

      PS- Do you have something in particular you would like included in
      next week's announcement? If so, please email
      HASANews(at)henneth-annun(dot)net.