Announcements for September 23-30

  • Marta Layton
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 23, 2007
      -----Announcements for September 23-30, 2007-----

      BIRTHDAY DRABBLES

      The following members have birthday this week. If you're in the
      drabbling mood, why not write them 100 words as a birthday card?

      Alassante (September 24) said, "I'm a Feanorian fanatic and Noldork. I
      like Drama, Humor, and smut but not really slash."

      *******

      CHALLENGES - HELP NEEDED

      There aren't very many active challenges these days. Do you have an idea
      you think others would enjoy? If so, please propose it in the
      Prospective Challenges Forum @
      http://www.henneth-annun.net/forums/threads.cfm?confId=5&forumId=5.

      Also, we're still looking for someone to manage the birthday drabbles
      thread. I am handling it this month, but I really can't do it forever,
      so if you'd like to see this continue, we need someone to manage it. The
      Challenges Manager will tell you how. If you're interested in learning
      more please email me at HASANews(at)henneth-annun(dot)net.

      *******

      This week's focus: FORUMS

      One of the best ways to get involved at HASA is through our forums.
      People are discussing research questions and stories as well as having
      fannish squees regularly there.

      Some useful forum links (you must be logged in for all of these):

      http://www.henneth-annun.net/forums/index.cfm
      "On Our Minds" displays the ten most recent posts in forums open to all
      HASA members. It's a good way to catch up on what you've missed, though
      the page can move quickly when lots of forums are active at once.

      http://www.henneth-annun.net/forums/latest.cfm
      If you've been out of touch for longer than a few days you might want to
      use the "One Month of Posts" page. This page has just what it sounds
      like: a list of forums that have been posted to in the last month,
      beginning with the most recently updated.

      http://www.henneth-annun.net/members/workshop/workshop_list.cfm
      Workshops are specialized writing communities. They allow you to share
      stories you aren't ready to post to the whole site, and many have
      interesting forums attached to them. Explore workshops to find a group
      of members interested in similar topics.

      Now, here are some of the most recently-updated threads in HASA forum.
      Don't be shy. If any interest you, why not jump in?

      HASA Birthday Cards Forum ---
      http://www.henneth-annun.net/forums/threads.cfm?confid=0&forumid=482
      Subject: September 2007 Birthdays

      Elena Tiriel - Star Gazings ---
      http://www.henneth-annun.net/forums/threads.cfm?confid=0&forumid=429
      Subject: Fell and Fair Drabble Series (Current)

      Beta: Try Before You Buy ---
      http://www.henneth-annun.net/forums/threads.cfm?confid=0&forumid=570
      Subject: An Exercise in Futility (Working Title)

      Here's hoping this week finds you having many interesting discussion
      about all things Tolkien. Because, really, you were trying to cut back
      on sleep anyway, right?

      Until next time,
      Marta

      PS- Do you have something in particular you would like included in next
      week's announcement? If so, please email HASANews(at)henneth-annun(dot)net.