HASA Weekly Announcement for August 5-12

  • Marta
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 5, 2007
      HASA FUNDING UPDATE

      No website is truly free. HASA does not display ads or charge for
      memberships, but there are still costs associated with running the
      website. The website depends on member donations to pay its monthly
      hosting fee of $150.00.

      Currently available funding: $538.64
      To provide funding through: November 2007

      If anyone would like to make a donation, you may do so at

      http://www.henneth-annun.net/about/donate.cfm

      *******

      BIRTHDAY DRABBLES

      The following members have birthday this week. If you're in the
      drabbling mood, why not write them 100 words as a birthday card?

      Anglachel (August 4) requested "My husband and I bought an 80+ year old
      house earlier this year and are in the middle of renovating it, so
      buildings are on my mind. Big ones and small ones. Grand capitals on
      high hills and humble Hobbit holes beneath. Places that are new and
      places that are old. Write something about a place, preferably a single
      building. It can be in any era, any location, and told from any
      perspective. Tell me something about that place - a start, an end, a
      swift event, the slow passage of time. Bring that place to life."

      If you have a birthday in August and would like a drabble about your
      favorite character or topic, you can request it at

      http://www.henneth-annun.net/members/forums/messages.cfm?confId=5&forumId=482&messageId=50871

      *******

      MONTHLY CHALLENGES BULLETIN

      The monthly challenge bulletin, listing challenges closing this month
      and new ones that were set up in July, was posted earlier this week.
      Check it out at

      http://www.henneth-annun.net/about/news_view.cfm?nwid=92

      *******

      LAST WEEK'S QUICKIE CHALLENGE

      So far, last week's "Hide and Seek" challenge has had two responses.

      "Seek for the Sword" by Linaewen
      Boromir seeks answers while searching for the road to Rivendell.

      "Hidden City" by Nath
      His Master had told him to find it. So he did.

      All responses to this challenge can be seen at

      http://www.henneth-annun.net/members/challenge/challenge_detail.cfm?NGID=509

      *******

      Happy writing!

      Fangedly yours,
      >:-E Marta

      PS- Do you have something in particular you would like included in next
      week's announcement? If so, please email HASANews@...