Odds and Ends
A few bits of site business.
- Do you have an announcement? If you have a general announcement or piece of news that might be of interest to site readers, please send a note to the Site Manager via a contact form and let me know. Do you have a new web site, blog or LJ page? Is there a new discussion list? Did you see some interesting bit of Tolkien news you'd like to share? Send it in!
- Beta Readers. I would like to get a once or twice a month post in news going for people requesting beta readers. The frequency will depend on the number coming in. Send in your name, a brief description of the kind of story you are writing, what kind of beta reading help you need, and if there are any restrictions or special considerations, such as dealing with adult themes, needing someone with language skills, etc.
- Fixes to errors on the site. A few members have sent in emails alerting me to errors they have found on the site. I apologize for not getting them all corrected at once. I have a list of needed fixes, and will be able to get to work on them in a week or two.
- Site upgrades. Starting in June, I will be working on some long-planned site upgrades. The first big project slated for work is to make the Forums available to the public for reading, and to set up Readers Club members posting privileges. Upgrades are planned for playlists, the Research Library, Challenges, Stories, and other parts of the site.
- Site funding. The Quarter 2 funding drive broke all expectations. In addition to the astounding donations from members and readers, HASA's secret admirer has donated an entire quarter's worth of hosting costs. We are fully funded through August. I am deeply grateful for the generosity of all of our donors. Your contributions provide enjoyment for thousands of readers.
- Site visits. Since the beginning of the year, HASA has seen a surge in site visitations. We routinely get four thousand visits a day by approximately 2300 visitors. This is due entirely to the great content on the site - stories, resources, challenges, and forums - which is provided by you. Remember - the more you post, the more you get read!
HASA Site Manager