July at HASA

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 9, 2006

      HELP NEEDED: We are still looking for adult Challenges volunteers!

      We really, really need your help in our Challenges section, taming nuzgûl and flinging around oliphaunts!

      Being a volunteer in the Challenges section is not difficult at all, and it doesn't take a lot of time. Please think about it!

      The duties of a challenge assistant include encouraging people to post prospective challenges, monitoring the prospective challenges, setting up and closing challenges. Since our present Challenges assistants are under 18, they can not set up or close 'adult' challenges so someone is needed to help with that job.

      If you are interested, if you have any questions, please contact the Challenges Manager: simply use the contact form (upper right-hand corner on every page and pick "Challenges Manager/Nuzgul Hutch"). Or leave a comment in the "Discuss the weekly announcement"-forum.

      July Stories

      Do you need somethin to read? Why don't you take a look at the most recently posted and updated stories in the General and Beta sections?

      And don't forget to drop the author a line: leave a comment, post to their author forums or mail them. Every author enjoys feedback, and if a story is posted in the beta section, the author is actively looking for constructive criticism.

      General Stories Section NEW STORIES!

      • "Four Hobbits" by Vilwarin:
        For the HASA birthday challenge. In the night with the hobbits in Bree, Aragorn muses the situation he finds himself in.

      • "Four for the Elven-lords" by Marta:
        Celeborn's thoughts, on his wife and elven rings. A drabble for HASA's fourth anniversary.

      • "The Pirates of Umbar" by sindarinelvish:
        Book Nine of The Paths of the King. Thorongil faces his greatest challenge when he is sent with his captain Fallon to rid the southern coast of the dreaded pirates.

      Beta Stories Section NEW STORIES!

      • "Black Eyes" by Lialathuveril:
        King Éomer of Rohan and Princess Lothiriel of Dol Amroth – surely the perfect political alliance, but what if the lady is not willing and decides to use unconventional means to get out of this arrangement?
        Chapter VIII: Council of War

      • "Lost and Found" by Beregond5:
        Set two years after the War of the Ring. Arwen returns to Minas Tirith after a visit at Emyn Arnen. On her way and after a misfortune that deprives her of horse and her military escort, she finds herself in the company of someone whom she can't tell if he's a friend or foe. Drama/ Angst/ Action. I stress the term AU. Warning: For some of the story elements to make sense, you will have to read the other multi-chaptered stories I've written so far (except Thicker Than Blood), because it follows the thread of those stories. I apologise for the inconvenience, but I don't want readers forced to make questions of the type "Why are Beregond and Faramir friends?" or "What happened to Eomer?"

      • "Untold Tales of the Mark: The Banishment of Éomer" by Katzilla:
        A very dark AU take of what Éomer's banishment could have been like... angsty as you would expect from me.

      At the moment there are 14 stories needing reviewers.

      Please visit the Reviews area and see if there is a story you would like to check out.

      Reviewing at HASA is not difficult at all. The review process and the review criteria are carefully explained in the Review Criteria. And in the discussion "Discover HASA's Review Process" we are discussing one review capsule a week.

      It's up to you to decide which story is posted in the public archive. Visit the Reviews section today!

      Have a wonderful week at HASA, writing, reading and reviewing!

      HASA admin team

      To follow the links in this announcement, please log in at the Henneth Annûn Story Archive and read this announcement on the Welcome Page! Simply click on [More] in the announcements box at the top of the right sidebar.