Summer Sun & Summer News

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 25, 2006
      Readers Club: Revisions for Readers and Writers

      Oneof the effects of the Readers Club will be to make a bigger distinctionbetween the tools that are used by readers (and by writers to interactwith readers), and the tools HASA writers use to create their stories.

      Thefirst set of tools are going to "bubble up" to a top level directorywhere they will be available for everyone to use immediately afterlogging in:
      • My Stuff home page
      • My Library - favorite stories and authors, story and author alerts, and bookmarks
      • Comments - both by me and to me
      • Recommended - both by me and of my stories
      • My Profile - basic contact, bio, author info, beta reader info and reviewer activation

      Eventually, Playlists will also make their way to this part.

      The second set of tools will remain where they are, and will be rearranged a little bit:

      • My Stories - add a story, story list, visitations, emails from readers, and the beta reader list.
      • My Challenges - entries, challenges home page, and birthday forum
      • My Playlists (for now)
      • My Workshops
      • My Forums - forum list, joined forums, add a forum, link stories to forums
      • Reviews - Those I've done and those I've received

      The goal is to make is very, very easy to interact with readers on stories and get feedback.

      Prospective Challenges!

      Check out the prospective challenges. There are several nuzgul awaiting eager writers to change them into full-blown challenges. For example:

      Adopt one of these pretty creatures today! Make a Challenge!

      Review Capsules

      Discussthe new Review Capsules. Today we start talking about "charactervoice", how thoughts, monologue and dialogue are presented in a story:

      Discover HASA's Review Process: Capsule #3, Character voice

      The Site Managers Say: Thank You, Volunteers!

      It'stime to say "thank you" to our volunteers: too many have been workingon committees with less than the full compliment of help. Yet, HASAruns smoothly and efficiently. They are a great bunch of volunteers andwe all owe them so very much! They have kept their patience, quicklyanswered questions, dealt with problems and just do an awesome job.Besides that, they took on the challenge of revising the review processwith nary a moan!

      Therefore: Thank you!

      And if you would like to contribute to HASA, we are always looking for volunteers. Simply click on the contact form, pick "Site Manager" and tell us that you'd like to help. At the moment we are looking for adult Challenges assistants

      Have a great week at HASA,

      Your
      HASA admin team