Reviewing Capsule Comments - Please take the polls!

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 2, 2006
      We have been discussing our current reviews process, and especially
      the capsule reasons, for several weeks now (please see the discussion
      here and here). Considering how long this discussion has been going
      on, and the many thoughtful posts that have been contributed to the
      discussion, we feel that it is time for a poll now, in order to
      discern how all of our members feel about the present structure of our
      reviews process and the content of the capsule reasons.

      All of the suggestions voiced in the discussion have been examined
      carefully as to their technical feasibility.

      We regret that not all of the suggestions that have been made are
      technically possible.

      While for example having comments mandatory only for one capsule
      reason is an interesting idea, the amount of coding required to force
      a reviewer to write a comment if one particular choice is selected (a
      generic vote) is not something Ang is able to take on right now. Also,
      the idea of filling in the text box with boiler plate would require
      more coding than Ang can do. She has also � like several other
      contributors of the discussion � pointed out that a generic sentence
      of text probably is no more acceptable to an author than a generic two
      or three word statement.

      Apart from that all technically possible solutions have been included
      in the polls.

      The polls will run from today (April 2) to April 16.

      Please vote!

      The reviews process is a vital part of HASA. It is important that its
      structure is based on what our members really want.

      Take the polls: NOW!
      http://www.henneth-annun.net/members/polls/index.cfm

      Once the results of the poll have been determined, we will ask for
      volunteers to form a small committee that will work on the details of
      any necessary changes.

      Please watch the weekly announcement for relevant information.

      Last but not least, we would like to thank the many members who have
      contributed to this thoughtful and friendly discussion:

      thank you for your questions, your ideas, suggestions and your
      constructive criticism. Your input is going to help HASA remain the
      great community and archive it is.

      Thank you.

      And now, please log in at HASA (http://www.henneth-annun.net/) take
      the polls (http://www.henneth-annun.net/members/polls/index.cfm)!