234HASA Announcement - Challenges

  • melayton@gmail.com
    May 5 10:28 AM
      Hey guys,

      Sorry, this is a day late. But better late than never, right? >:-E

      HASA FUNDING UPDATE

      No website is truly free. HASA does not display ads or charge for
      memberships, but there are still costs associated with running the
      website. The website depends on member donations to pay its monthly
      hosting fee of $150.00.

      Currently available funding: $154.12
      To provide funding through: June 2008

      If anyone would like to make a donation, you may do so at

      http://www.henneth-annun.net/about/donate.cfm

      *******

      BIRTHDAY CARDS

      The following members have birthday this week. If you're in the
      drabbling mood, why not write them 100 words as a birthday card?

      Nath requested, "I would like anything related to 'time', any characters
      and any rating, though my current favourites are the Northern DĂșnedain."

      And Dwim requested, "I realize that it can be tough to write an AU in
      only 100 words, but give for my birthday, I'd like to see you give it a
      shot. Choose your time, your incident, and your desired divergence."

      (She also said, "Alternately, if the AU idea is just too big to be
      reducible to 100 words, I have to teach a socio-political philosophy
      course next term. So fics dealing with political situations would be
      welcome. (Especially if they have to do with the Kin-strife in Gondor.)")

      The following drabbles have been written in the following week:

      --- "Forty" by Nath for Fliewatuet
      --- "Half a Life" by meckinock for Fliewatuet
      --- "His Birthday Wish" by Larner for Fliewatuet
      --- "Messengers from the West" by Jay of Lasgalen for Fliewatuet
      --- "New Daughter" by Larner for Ainaechoiriel

      All at
      http://www.henneth-annun.net/forums/messages.cfm?confId=0&forumId=482&messageId=51652

      If you have a birthday in May and would like a drabble about your
      favorite character or topic, you can request it at

      http://www.henneth-annun.net/forums/messages.cfm?confId=0&forumId=482&messageId=51739

      *******

      There are currently no challenges so there is no Challenges bulletin
      this month. However, you can change that! There are some porspective
      challenges. Sign up for one, and we'll get some challenges rolling:

      Science in Middle-earth, proposed by littlehobbitlost
      http://www.henneth-annun.net/forums/messages.cfm?confId=5&forumId=5&messageId=51722
      She says, among other things, "If you landed in Middle Earth say during
      the War of the Ring (or your favourite age Gondolin? Hollin?) and
      survived through to see Aragorn become king-how would you like to
      contribute to society? With 21st Century knowledge how would you
      contribute?"

      I also proposed a Minority Rulez! challenge
      http://www.henneth-annun.net/forums/messages.cfm?confId=5&forumId=5&messageId=51714

      I said, among other things, "Why don't we have a challenge of our own in
      honor of the fact that a woman or minority might soon be the U.S.
      president? Write me a story, poem, drabble, or essay about the
      challenges a woman or ethnic minority might have faced in Middle-earth? "

      *******

      Happy writing!

      Fangedly yours,
      >:-E Marta

      PS- Do you have something in particular you would like included in next
      week's announcement? If so, please contact me at
      http://www.henneth-annun.net/about/contact.cfm?GBStoryID=14.