GT: A Guyanese experience to brighten your day andmore...

  • C F
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 5, 2012
      From the rice fields of Guyana to a Brevard County bench

      “I want the people who come before me in court to see that life is not all about them. And I want them to see that America is full of kind and generous people. I try to change people’s minds in a simple way.”
      Whether a citizen is guilty or not does not come from the state seal hanging over my head or the flag in the courtroom or from police power. It comes from the words, ‘We the people,’” Judge Majeed said.

      “To me, that is the essence of democracy.”

      Whenever someone stops him in the courthouse and asks him how he’s doing, Judge Majeed has a standard reply he delivers with a smile: “I’m living the dream.”

      Life is too short; needs to be lived to its fullest!
    • Audrey Whyte