Help Needed

  • roger moore
    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 3, 2011
       Hope you get this on time, I made a trip to Valencia, Spain and had my bag stolen from me with my passport and personal effects therein. The embassy is willing to help by letting me fly without my passport, I just have to pay for a ticket and settle Hotel bills. Unfortunately for me, I can't have access to
      funds, I've made contact with my bank but they need more time to come up with a new one. I was thinking of asking you to lend me some quick funds that I can give back as soon as I get in. I really need to be on the next available  flight.

      I can forward you details on how you  can get the funds to me.

      I await your response

      Roger Moore.
    • dhanraj bhagwandin
      Message 2 of 8 , Aug 4, 2011
        The email which appeared to have originated from Roger Moore is infact that of a con artist. Had a similar experience before. His emails must hvae been hacked. Folks beware.
        Bhagi
      • talktohugh@aol.com
        Message 3 of 8 , Aug 4, 2011
          Bhagi is correct: I have seen multiple variations of this scheme.
          Beware!

          Hugh

          In a message dated 8/4/2011 7:44:19 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time, dannybagi@... writes:

          The email which appeared to have originated from Roger Moore is infact that of a con artist. Had a similar experience before. His emails must hvae been hacked. Folks beware.
          Bhagi

        • Dierdre Harris
          Message 4 of 8 , Aug 4, 2011
            This is very sad...I have been receiving emails from my dead Father's account as well.   I just keep hitting delete, but it really angers me and I don't know what to do about it.

          • allan.martindale@yahoo.com
            Message 5 of 8 , Aug 4, 2011
              If you have a regular english word as a password to your email account you everyone should change their password to something that is not in the dictionary. There is a password search file that can match your 'secret password' to words found in the dictionary and systematically test your email account. Once it is successful it attaches to your contacts address book and sends email using your account. If you have ever seeming received an email from yourself that is one way to tell that your account has been compromised. Never click on links contained in these emails. I'm sure Roger is fine. Roger please confirm that you are ok! Everyone, change you email password to include symbols and numbers. - I hope this answers your question.

              Regards, yes it's really me

              Allan

              From: Dierdre Harris <jazema@...>
              Sender: Guyanaradio@yahoogroups.com
              Date: Thu, 04 Aug 2011 08:41:48 -0400 (EDT)
              To: <guyanaradio@yahoogroups.com>
              ReplyTo: Guyanaradio@yahoogroups.com
              Subject: RE: [Guyanaradio] Help Needed

[...]

            • C F
              Message 6 of 8 , Aug 4, 2011
                Thanks for that Allan; I do hope by now that everyone attached to this group is aware of the 'schemes' out there...our first introduction to this was when Carl Browne was apparently in the same 'boat'......people, THESE ARE NOT TRUE!!

                Life is too short; needs to be lived to its fullest!

                Message 7 of 8 , Aug 4, 2011
                  To all, this did not come from me. I am on dialysis 3 times a week, 5hours per session, waiting for a kidney tranplant. therefore I can not travel. In fact I spoke to Robert this afternoon and he is aware of my illness

                  Roger EF Moore

                  Message 8 of 8 , Aug 4, 2011
                    These schemes are cold-hearted, calculating, frauds.  I received several such "Urgent Help"  messages from my son Kerwyn, long after he had departed this life.  So did several of his friends and relatives. I cannot express how jarring that was to all of us.

                    Roger I am very sorry that your e-mail has been compromised. I hope & pray that you find the help you need ASAP.

                    Stay positive,
                    Sandra