Re: [Guyanaradio] Fwd: Fw: hospital bug

  • Bebe Chang
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 23, 2007
      Hi Maggie,

      I am glad that I caught this email.

      I've just covered this topic in my Medical and Consumer Health Information Sources class (I am doing the Master's in Library & Information Sciences at USF). Please take a look at the information through this link: http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/mrsa.html Awareness is key as there were incidences in the US as well. SEE THE PRECAUTIONS ONE SHOULD TAKE FOR PREVENTION...

      Medline Plus is a wonderful resource for consulting internationally especially given cross-border travel and the good and the bad that come with that (not that I am suggesting a link there between travel and the condition;-).

      If the link does not work, I am copying and pasting the information. Also, if there is anything information-wise that I could assist with, please feel free to contact me. (I did not know I could be suited for librarianship:-)

      Best,
      MRSA
      Also called: Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus
      MRSA stands for methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus. It causes an infection that is resistant to several common antibiotics. There are two types of infection. Hospital-associated MRSA happens to people in healthcare settings. Community-associated MRSA happens to people who have close skin-to-skin contact with others, such as athletes involved in football and wrestling.
      Infection control is key to stopping MRSA in hospitals. To prevent community-associated MRSA
      • Practice good hygiene
      • Keep cuts and scrapes clean and covered with a bandage until healed
      • Avoid contact with other people’s wounds or bandages
      • Avoid sharing personal items, such as towels, washcloths, razors, or clothes
      • Wash soiled sheets, towels and clothes in hot water with bleach and dry in a hot dryer
      If a wound appears to be infected, see a healthcare provider. Treatment may include draining the infection and antibiotics.
      National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases
      Start Here
      BasicsLearn MoreMultimedia & Cool Tools
      • No links available
      ResearchReference ShelfFor You

      margaret lawrence <maggiel_gt@...> wrote:

      Note: forwarded message attached.

      From: "Janice Imhoff" <jimhoff@...>
      To: "Lawrence Lachmansingh" <lawrence_lachmansingh@...>
      CC: "margaret lawrence" <maggiel_gt@...>
      Subject: Fw: hospital bug
      Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2007 19:31:11 -0600

      Note: forwarded message attached.
      http://mail.yahoo.com
      To: lizzy_xavier@...
      Subject: Fw: Special General Meeting
      From: cathryn.carew@...
      Date: Thu, 8 Nov 2007 10:32:11 -0400

      FYI Mom
      ----- Forwarded by Cathryn Carew/International/ScotiabankGroup on 11/08/2007 10:40 AM -----
      Ricardo McKlmon/International/ScotiabankGroup
      11/08/2007 09:57 AM
      Adreana De Souza/International/ScotiabankGroup@Scotiabank, Cathryn Carew/International/ScotiabankGroup@Scotiabank
      cc
      Subject
      Fw: Special General Meeting

      FYI
      ----- Forwarded by Ricardo McKlmon/International/ScotiabankGroup on 11/08/2007 10:05 AM -----
      "Georgetown Chamber of Commerce" <gtchambe@...>
      11/08/2007 10:57 AM
      "Chion Profitt" <chionpro@...>, "Victor Pires" <Caribchem@...>, "Edward Persico" <epersico@...>, "Christopher Persaud" <tpl@...>, "Chandrika Persaud" <Chandrika.Persaud@...>, <pandays@...>, "Nizam Mohamed" <nbsltd@...>, "Budnarine Meghan" <bment@...>, "Ricardo Mcklmon" <ricardo.mcklmon@...>, "Melissa Mars" <beautyandhomes@...>
      cc
      "S S Prasad" <ssprasad@... >, "Patricia Plummer" <Patricia.Plummer@...>, "Victor Pires" <ccgl@...>, "Rajendar Persaud" <silviesxx@...>, <ng_zermat@...>, "Cymeon Nedd" <cymeon@...>, "Ms Persaud" <persausu@...>, "Dennis Morgan" <denmor@...>, "Carl Morgan" <cmorgan@...>
      Subject
      Special General Meeting

      Colleagues

      Please email below is forwarded to you for your information.

      Tara.