GT: GBC employee dies

  • C F
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 5, 2007
      Former GNNL editor dies
      Eucryl Anthony Calder
      Eucryl Anthony Calder, 57, died early yesterday morning at his home at Beterverwagting, East Coast Demerara after a prolonged illness.
      Mr. CalderÂ’s last assignment was that of Editor of the Guyana Chronicle where he had also served as acting Editor-in-Chief for a while.
      Tony, as he was familiarly called, started his career as a journalist as a freelancer. He worked at the New Nation as a reporter, with the Guyana Information Service as an Information Assistant, the Mirror newspaper as a reporter, the Caribbean News Agency as its local correspondent, Chief News Editor of the Guyana Broadcasting Corporation, and Editor in Chief of the Kaieteur News.
      Anthony is one of four brothers, Frank, Alvin and Nills Campbell, who served as full time journalists.
      He leaves to mourn 13 children, eleven siblings, and several nieces and nephew

    • dhanraj bhagwandin
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 6, 2007
        Colleagues,
                         Sad to learn again of the passing of  one of our own so soon after the death of Cecil Griffith.
               My sympathy to the family, including Nills and Alvin, and  with whom I have had a very close working relationship.
        Dhanraj Bhagwandin (Bhagi)