Re: [Guyanaradio] GT: The Broadcast House 'LIME'

  • Jacqueline Smartt
    Message 1 of 10 , Jun 2 4:20 AM
      I met Dhanraj Bhagwandin (ya'll used to call him Baggy -- he used to work with the News Agency), who is now also an ESL teacher, yesterday.  Through gaffing, I discovered that he knows nearly all of you, so I told him that I'd give his email address to the group and invited him to join.  His email address is dannybagi@....

      angelamassiah@... wrote:
      It would be useful to get RSVP's from those who are planning to attend.  I will facilitate the catering process.  Just a thought.

      In a message dated 5/4/2006 9:43:17 AM Eastern Daylight Time, cpn125@... writes:
      Hello everyone,

      Well you have asked for it and now it's here;

       The Broadcast House 'LIME'  is on!!

      On Saturday, 17th June 2006 beginning at 3:00pm at Lloyd Braithwaithe's residence.....548 Bieling Road, Elmont NY, 11003. (Phone numbers are 516-358-7161 or 7226).

      Please join us and reunite with former colleagues and friends, as we celebrate our years in radio and each other.

      Feel free to contact former/present colleagues who might not be online.

      Please send messages directly to me (cpn125@...) to inform that you'll be there; thx.

      See ya there!!

      P.S.
      I will be contacting individuals (offsite) for volunteerisms.(word)

    • C F
      Message 2 of 10 , Jun 2 5:41 AM
        Thanks Jackie.

        http://mail.yahoo.com

      • Alwin_alleyne@discovery.com
        Message 3 of 10 , Jun 2 7:28 AM

          Jackie:
          That was a gem of a find. Always wondered where Baggy was.  He also worked for several years at the Guyana Chronicle covering such key beats as Caricom. Very much respected by his colleagues. I'll also send a note to him to follow up on your invitation.

          To the Group:
          Just a reminder about Eion's suggestion to send a personal contribution to Cornel who will forward to Alyson. Given our background in radio and print media, I dare say the thought of losing one's sight surely rings close to home. We can make a difference however small.

          Regards.

          NEW! COSMEO, THE ONLINE HOMEWORK HELP TOOL BROUGHT TO YOU BY DISCOVERY CHANNEL. FREE TRIAL AT HTTP://WWW.COSMEO.COM

          This e-mail, and any attachment, is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, re-transmission, copying, dissemination or other use of this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from any computer. The contents of this message may contain personal views which are not the views of Discovery Communications, Inc. (DCI).
        • Aprl
          Message 4 of 10 , Jun 2 5:47 PM
            Yep, Baggy was one of the outstanding reporters of the Guyana News Agency and later, the Guyana Chronicle.

            Sandra

[...]

            No banners. No pop-ups. No kidding.
          • jazema@optonline.net
            Message 5 of 10 , Jun 2 7:03 PM
              > That was a gem of a find. Always wondered where Baggy was. He also
              > worked
              > for several years at the Guyana Chronicle covering such key beats
              > as
              > Caricom. Very much respected by his colleagues. I'll also send a
              > note to
              > him to follow up on your invitation.
              >
              > To the Group:
              > Just a reminder about Eion's suggestion to send a personal
              > contribution to
              > Cornel who will forward to Alyson. Given our background in radio
              > and print
              > media, I dare say the thought of losing one's sight surely rings
              > close to
              Hi,

              I heard through my Mom that Wordsworth is displaced again. Has aanyone heard of him recently?