Pure Mind 6 : Staying On The Path – Passing The Tests

  • gur_mukhs
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 2, 2005
      ik oankar satnaam satgur prasad

      6. Staying On The Path – Passing The Tests

      Bandgi (Progressing on the Spiritual Path) is walking on the edge of
      the sword (Khandey Di Dhaar):

      mwn moh myr qyr ibbrijq eyhu mwrgu KMfy Dwr ]3]
      To forsake pride, emotional attachment, and the sense of 'mine and
      yours',
      is the path of the double-edged sword. ||3||

      SGGS 534

      jau qau pRym Kylx kw cwau ]
      isru Dir qlI glI myrI Awau ]
      iequ mwrig pYru DrIjY ]
      isru dIjY kwix n kIjY ]20]
      If you desire to play this game of love with Me,
      then step onto My Path with your head in hand.
      When you place your feet on this Path,
      give Me your head, and do not pay any attention to public opinion.
      ||20||
      SGGS 1412

      The Bhagat's actions and deeds are in the Hukam of Akal Purakh, all
      his five senses are under Puran Hukam of Dhan Dhan Paar Braham
      Parmesar. He is always completely absorbed in the Almighty. He is
      beyond the three attributes (TreGuns) of Maya (Rajo, Tamo and Sato):

      swD kI aupmw iqhu gux qy dUir ]
      swD kI aupmw rhI BrpUir ]
      swD kI soBw kw nwhI AMq ]
      swD kI soBw sdw byAMq ]
      The greatness of the Holy people is beyond the three qualities.
      The greatness of the Holy people is all-pervading.
      The glory of the Holy people has no limit.
      The glory of the Holy people is infinite and eternal.

      SGGS 272

      The entire word is being run under the deep influence of the three
      qualities of Maya

      2. Tamo – Kaam Krodh Lobh Moh Ahankaar, Nindya Chugli
      Bakhili;

      3. Rajo – Asa Trishna Mansha means all kinds of desires;

      4. Sato – Daan, Dharam Santokh Sanjam.

      Most people are under the deep influence of Maya and can't
      understand the actions and deeds of a Sant. They should not
      question the deeds of a Sant. Nor should they make the mistake of
      judging a Sant. For that matter no one should never pass any
      negative judgment or criticism about anybody else but themselves. We
      should never involve ourselves with describing the (Awguns) misdeeds,
      bad character, bad behavior of anybody. Any kind of a negative
      criticism is defined as slandering (Nindya) in the Gurbani. And
      nowhere in Gurbani has such criticism been accepted. Any kind of
      negative criticism has been totally forbidden in Gurbani.

      Whenever we involve ourselves in negative criticism of anybody, we
      don't do any good to ourselves. Instead the person who is being
      criticized is benefited. By doing slander we lose our spirituality.
      Our loss of spirituality goes as a gain of spirituality to the person
      being criticized.

      What makes Bandgi like walking on the edge of a sword?

      The path of bandagi leads us to the attainment or achievement of all
      the divine qualities as we move through the Dharam Khand, Gyan Khand,
      Saram Khand, Karam Khand and finally Sach Khand stages of Puran
      Bandgi.

      However, during the course of our Bandgi we have to go through a
      series of tough examinations to prove our commitment, belief, trust
      and unconditional love for the Almighty:

      Kharey Parakh Khaney Paaye,
      Khotey Bharam Bhulaye.

      During our course of Bandgi we do go through failures and successes
      like as in learning any other subject or while going through
      education at school and college.

      The examinations or tests of Bandgi pertain to our following the
      Gurbani in our daily life and the extent to which we practice the
      divine laws in our daily life.

      What do we do to stay awake spiritually and mentally?

      What do we do to avoid getting involved in any kind of bad deeds
      under the influence of Maya?

      How much learning of Gurbani and putting it into practice do we do
      every day?

      Whatever little bit of it we do learn every day we need to put into
      practise top pass the tests. The ultimate stage is to become a
      completely truthful person. To have developed all the divine
      qualities of head and heart as described in the Gurbani. And then
      bring these divine qualities inside us by putting them in to physical
      actions in our daily deeds.

      As we progress through the Bandgi, we will see and have numerous
      obstacles in the form of distractions of our own mind due to
      illusions, delusions, doubts, superstitions, worldy wisdom and evil
      wisdom (dubidha, bharams, munnmat, durmat, sansarik mat).

      These distractions alongwith life's problems lead to situations
      that at times become unbearable for a person. They become unstable
      on the Bandgi Marg. These distractions can be due to many things
      eg:

      • financial difficulties;

      • job or business problems;

      • family ties

      • unfriendly behavior of family members;

      • negative behaviour of society;

      • slandering by the society and your own family members;

      • poverty;

      • other family issues,

      • sick family member,

      • your own health issues,

      • strained relationships between your family members and
      other relatives.

      There are so mnay obstacles on the path of bandagi that right from
      the first step on this path you need to be prepared to face the
      ENTIRE WORLD if need be. All such issues will try to take away your
      commitment, belief and trust in the Gur, Guru and Gurbani and most
      importanntly your Bandgi.

      Having such issues around you make your Bandgi tougher and tougher.
      It will making you feel that you are walking on the edge of the
      sword. Sometimes you might experience a number of such issues all
      at once. This will take a heavy toll on you.

      It is worth mentioning here that many people do get very easily
      distracted by life issues. Others have a better resistance and they
      can pull on for longer. But ultimtately there are very few which
      will walk all the way over the edge of the sword. That is why
      Gurbani says:

      Kottan Meh Nanak Kou Narayan Jeh Cheet,
      Nanak : only one in millions will make it through.

      However, this doesn't mean that you should get discouraged and not
      even try. It means that you should be very insistent and consistent
      in your efforts. If you don't give up and follow the divine wisdom
      in a very

      • consistent manner,

      • with full belief ,

      • commitment and

      • trust

      then you are bound to win over Maya and make it through Sach Khand.

      As we said earlier it is basically a test of

      • your loyalty to the Creator,

      • your commitment to the Doer,

      • your belief in the Almighty,

      • your trust in Akal Purakh,

      • your unconditional love for Paar Braham Parmesar and

      • your thirst for absorbing His Charans in your Hirda

      that will determine your success in this process.

      The Almighty will judge your state by seeing how much the following
      divine qualities have become a part of your soul :

      • Ek Drisht – Single Vision every body is equal in the eyes
      as a Sant, there is no duality in his vision and thought,

      • Nirbhao – no fear of delivering the truth to the masses,
      no fear of serving the truth to the masses,

      • Nirvair – no enmity with anybody, every one is a friend,
      nobody is enemy, means he loves all the creations of the Creator as
      much as much he loves the Creator,

      • win over Maya completely,

      • control over the Panj Doots,

      • win over all the desires,

      • Parupkari – always doing good to others, become very kind
      hearted

      • Maha Parupkari – helping others to move on this path to
      Jivan Mukti,

      • completely forgiving others for their misdeeds,

      • humblest of the humblest,

      • lowest of the lowest,

      • Dassan Dass – slave of the slaves,

      • always soft and sweet spoken – Mith Bolra Ji Har Sajjan
      Swami Mora,

      • doesn't look and criticize others for their misdeeds,

      • completely forgiving hearted,

      • always completely silent from inside, no bad thoughts, for
      that matter only thoughts that will help others to move on the path
      of Jivan Mukti,

      • always absorbed in the Almighty, become one with Almighty,
      always enjoying Atam Rus, completely enlightened with Param Jyot
      Puran Parkash from inside, Param Padvi, Dassm Duaar and all the other
      Bajjar Kapaats (channels of communication with cosmic energy –
      Brahmandi Shakti) open enjoying the Akhand Kirtan of Anhad Shabad
      Naad on a continuous basis: Dassam Duaraa Agam Aparaa Param Purakh
      Ki Ghatee,

      • every bit of body – Rom Rom reciting Naam on a continuous
      basis,

      • all the seven seas of spiritual energy– Sat Sarovar inside
      the body are activated and giving Amrit on a continuous basis,
      overflowing Amrit from the body and so giving others Amrit, become
      Amrit Ka Data Himself – a Puran Sant, a Puran Braham Gyani.

      Dassan Das - Servant of The Servants.