more chatting with my maker

  • Gurmukhs
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 17, 2005
      ..following on from the last email, here's some more inspiring intuitive talks with God ..the inner voice. All from a very humble soul.

      Inner Dialogue .. with Gur and Guru’s kirpa..

      Preface

      This document contains the word’s that came to us with Sat Naam ji’s kirpa, all truth, comforting words and knowledge is his. We believe everybody can have a conversation with their own inner self, it is a capability we all have. God really does answer too. It is something you can practice with him. However from our experience, we’ve also found there is a Negative voice too (which should never be followed), and this can bring evil/sinful words – definitely not God or Godly. Hence you have to be careful, the words of Truth (from God inside you) will always be good to others and never negative. It’s like the Ego inside us, is a Rebel, which sins and the Atma is a Child, which is kind, sweet and innocent. Also the dialogue and conversation was relevant to us at that particular time and space and hence is not meant to be universal guidance/remedy to all people or to all situations, but where it can help or comfort someone then that is good. Hence the best guide when your not sure, is
      listening to your own heart, Sources of truth (e.g. Gurbani, etc). To us, it’s like there is a teacher inside us all, willing to help you, give you sound advice and practical tips, this is where the Inner Voice inside you is brilliant.

      Bhul chuk maff karo for all our mistakes, errors and sins where relevant

      paapi

      IV related to our Inner Voice and Dass related to this paapi.
      Handling Negative Thoughts

      Some gyan that came inside.. this to us related the wisdom of talking to your own mind, I suppose like a teacher guides his student/pupil. We can’t let the mind get away with doing anything it likes, some education has to come into play. The Soul needs to teach the mind :-) This is like Positive affirmations/assertions to the mind..

      IV: Don’t make it larger than it is.. it is just a minor inconvenience.. don’t believe in the thoughts, or let it become your wisdom or your director... that is why you’ve been in fear.. brush it aside and say to it.. plainly and simply inside

      I DON’T BELIEVE YOU, YOUR WORDS ARE WRONG AND FALSE, I WILL NOT FOLLOW THEM, I ONLY FOLLOW GOODNESS AND TRUTH

      When you fear these thoughts, they can keep coming and attack you..

      Say

      I DO NOT WANT TO HARM ANOTHER WITH MY WORDS, THOUGHTS OR ACTIONS..

      ----------------

      The following related to a dialogue, we had when we were down...

      IV: do nothing.

      Dass: why?

      IV: nothing at all.. let it come, let it go. like the moon that comes in the night, it spends its time there in the darkness, surrounded by darkness, it is doing nothing, the Light itself comes from the Sun, the moon just shines.. the same is for you, you need to do and become nothing, the God is the only doer, he is the Sun who when he wants to gives light. you cannot do this. the same for the dukh, he is giving you dukh for a reason..

      Dass: what can I do to overcome depression..?

      IV: listen and follow strictly this, this will smash your negative thinking cycle too..

      1. Accept your situation.. admit your weaknesses, if it helps write them down, write all your fears / problems

      2. Then start thinking for each fear/problem a strategy to solve it/ a solution, I will help you in this process

      3. Think when negativity comes inside, dwell on the good things..

      a) in your life (e.g. healthy body, settled married life, car, house, Education, good sports life.. dwell on the positives not the negatives.. contact with Gurbani / truth) .. don't desire anything else.. say it now.. I have everything i. e.. You'll soon realise the positives outweigh the negatives substantially.. what has happened is your mind has fell into the well of darkness and then fed off the negativity there.. it is now time you jumped out, imagine jumping back onto Planet Earth (forget about the Light at this stage) just put your feet onto the ground... come onto the Earth.

      b) around you (dhan dhan Sangat, dhan dhan Gurdwara, dhan dhan Work sangat)..

      c) stop trying so hard, stop forcing things to come to you.. let it flow and come into harmony, look let your life become a rhythmic song and dance

      Dass: I suppose what has happened is this..

      I got depressed thinking this is not mine, that is not mine, and then stop caring about those things, when really that's not right either.. for example although the house is not mine, I cannot neglect it hunnah..

      IV: Right, although all the maya belongs to God, God is not saying don't enjoy your life and the things he has given you, i.e. the gifts. take the responsibility, enjoy being a householder, and not want anything more, let God continually give the way he does, all you need to do is enjoy your life and living, and its the same with simran enjoy being at work, enjoy doing simran, enjoyment is Anand.

      Dass: Thank you God and the Guru for all the gifts you have given me..

      4. Just love by being simple, simple affection, simple kindness from inside, heal yourself, then heal others.

      That's it for now, practice makes perfect.. have you ever tried baking a cake, well give it a go one day, the first time you do it, you may make a mess, a right mess, but keep doing it and the cake will become right, you'll master the baking process. You need to master your life, the process and the mind. Go for it.

      -------------- Negative thoughts appearing in the mind

      Dass: What should I do?

      IV: Don't give up, don't give in to Evil.

      Say this to yourself..

      I will not let Evil win. I am stronger than that. Nothing can stop me, I am committed to Truth, Righteous living, Righteous behaviour and Righteous conduct always. I do not want to harm anybody in any way in my thoughts, words or actions. Instead I will further myself, I will become a better and better person, I will love all equally and will try to make right what I did wrong once. I totally trust myself. My character is God's character, I represent God on this planet, I represent truth, my behaviour represents truth, I will not fall at the feet and become a servant of negativity, evil or Maya. End.

      Dass: Thank you, that really helped, it's given me some confidence.

      IV: Yes, that was what you needed. Keep remembering, you are love, you character is love, your insignia is love, your symbol is love. And this symbol you carry inside, everyone carries it, it links you all together. You are all One. Keep saying to yourself. I am One with all. There is no other, but God. Truth is All there is. The purpose of negativity, and darkness is to give you an opportunity to let the Light shine amidst that which you call darkness. It is like a portrait being painted, darkness is coloured on the picture, lightness is expressed too, the light colours when overlapped or painted on the darkness covers it up and shows it up (i.e. the light is seen). You are the light on the canvas of the picture, you are being coloured on the picture of life. The body is like the brush, your light is the paint and the life is the drawing unfolding and God is the picture that's being created... it's an expression of Art.

      Dass: That's really interesting...

      What can I do..

      IV: Walk, and keep on walking to the Truth of your being, it will unravel itself. Be Patient and keep on Loving. Love Em' who hurt you equally to your best friends, come or detach from your life and come behind the picture or away from it.. what's really going on here, who's real here, what's real... Then have a look at the picture God has drawn and painted and then laugh. Sat Naam. Yep, say I'm part of this picture of life.. fantastic. Even my mind is being coloured and decorated by the God Artist.

      Dass: Thanks, that was brilliant.

      IV: Share this.. Ari Ver Decce as they say in Italy

      Dass: You've really helped us here.. Inner Voice, dhan dhan Sat Naam daata , Sat Guru daata, dhan dhan Sach, Sach ke Rehat, Sach ka Discipline.

      dhan dhan are all the Saints who keep the discipline alive, and the rehat alive

      Just wanted to say, it’s nice what you say walking to the ‘Truth of your being’, that’s where everyone is going back into themselves. Sach.

      IV: Exactly, all your life you’ve been looking to the outside for everything, searching, discovering, experiencing. Now you’ve stopped and recognised that the Truth is actually inside you, you keep on missing it, and letting it go. The treasure is inside, it will never go, seek and you shall find it. The muck that surrounds the journey to this inner truth itself is temporary, it will never be there forever either.

      Dass: How can we still the mind when it looks outwardly at all things

      IV: Your mind is used to your environment, used to looking outside, that’s become it’s second nature.. the images that come in the mind, the words that come inside too, are all based on this association. This is what needs to broken, you need to smash the association between the inner world and the outer. Hence inside (i.e. in your meditation), you don’t want to think of or relate to the outer material world. Inside should be your tranquil setting, where you can dwell on Truth in peace.

      Dass: Thanks,

      IV: There’s more. Simran is about practice, I know it can be difficult, you can also get bored in your practice. Don’t let this however, stop you. Have you ever heard that saying, all good things come to those who wait. Well it’s true. You have to wait for your lover, when he is pleased with your efforts, your commitment, your love, your honesty and your passion to meet him, he will pop up and he will set you free. And the freedom you get, no one can or no body can ever imprison you again. Eternal Freedom. All this time you have been in bondage, inside and out. So keep trying. Pray when your enthusiasm is running out or needs a charge..

      Dass: I suppose that’s to do with Detachment, Detachment is more than just saying I don’t need that or this, we have to be truly detached within ourself too..

      IV: Yes, this only comes with Gur Prasad. You do as God pleases. So you have to pray for this.

      Dass: I suppose looking at it, it’s stages..

      IV: Try this, go to the centre of your being, in your heart. This is the real you, your core. Now in this centre of Love, focus. Then let the love from here ripple out, like the sun’s waves of light. Let yourself wash the surroundings, and your environment in this love, this true love is being spread everywhere. You are now loving, from inside out. This is where you need to be. One of the problems you’ve been having, is you’ve not been having Love for your own Self.. i.e. the God in you. If you can’t love you, you can’t love anybody else. So this is a good point to start from. Build love for yourself, enjoy the God inside you.

      Dass: You are right. Peace comes from within, if we can’t love our own self, who can we love.

      IV: Form a real friendship with God, not only is he your master, he is also your best buddy, he wants the very best for you. This comes in the form of his grace, his grace awakens you that he is there, his grace teaches you about his ways, the ways of mastery, divinity, the laws of the land. The friend is reaching to you, he has extended his arm and hands towards you.. you need to get closer by making those efforts required.

      I think it’s time you got back to work now..

      Dass: Thanks again, inspirational words...

      IV: No problemo.. :-)

      .-----------------

      Some gyan that came inside us..

      We (i.e. our vessel/being/body) are like a house truly..

      Har Mandir hae

      This house has doors, these doors when opened let things in.. when Maya is sitting in our house, it gives us trouble and dukh

      When Truth (Sat Naam) is resting in our house then we are happy and in love. In life, this house gets attacked by invisible enemies which are at the mental level..

      So what do we do when an enemy attacks us.. We defend our house... we put the shield of Gurbani and use the Sword of Truth to kick that enemy out and let our house go back to peace.. when we've done this so many times and when God is happy with us.. he gives us a fortress which can't be penetrated by anything.. then no enemy can ever even get near our house, let alone inside.

      Oh Sat Naam this house is yours, and yours only, it has no place or space for the Maya enemy.

      --------

      Dass: What should I do O God?

      IV: Stop doing so many ardasess.. Stop..pause.. Breathe in, then out.. Be one with all, let life be one. Stop letting your thoughts control you, your life, and direction, be the driver of your car, of your harmandar, take charge, be in control.

      Say to yourself, “I am in control. No thoughts can control my passage to truth, negativity cannot harm me, desires cannot stop my determination to meet god. The Lord is only one, I am nothing anyway. I am not even an ant.”

      Some words that came to us with Har Ji’s kirpa..

      With the onslaught of so many bad thoughts, we learned something.. sorry HE learned something, HE (GOD) is controlling each and every thought, one (i.e. I) cannot do anything he does whatever pleases him, the only thing we can do is surrender and keep doing ardases... he does these two.. he breaks himself, he himself fixes it... powerful stuff is this..basically we can't do nothing, entirely our fate is in his hands..but even here we can get detached.. i.e. even when we leave this body, it'll be the God who goes on the journey to wherever he chooses..amazing.. the good thing is .. some of the worry can be reduced.. in that this takes the personal thing out of it.. i.e. God is doing it to himself.. whatever is happening..

      -- Losing yourself is the best thing, look at these benefits:

      - When we forget that we are this body, I ness, and remember we are everything,

      we part of God's glory, the Universe serves us:

      - The God of Wind, Water and Fire serves us

      - Mother Earth looks after us and does seva to us

      - The Universe does seva to us

      - The human race, all God's creatures are there for us too

      - This is amazing

      - We become happy

      - We become free, we can concentrate on love

      - Our hopes and desires were actually our enemies, as these feed into our ego

      and identity, they build it, hence we have to have none of these if we can

      Every moment we are creating and creating ourselves anew.. this path is actually reality,because we are aware of this creation happening..

      i.e. noticing the things we create:

      - thoughts,

      - words

      - actions

      So it is Conscious creation

      14/06/2005

      Thanks to Gur and Guru Ji’s kirpa, the following happened..

      We left work as we came to a roundabout, we had an inner message to go to the Gurdwara. So we were driving down the road, a car (looked like it learning signs from the rear) was ahead of us, we said to inner voice.. should we overtake (as it meant going on the other side of the road where the opposite side of traffic comes up)? The message that came back.. was it’s not safe to do so. And soon enough as we drove a bit more, an array of cars on the other side drove by.. so good job thanks to God we didn’t overtake.. :-) And God was right it was the right thing to go to the Gurdwara, as on journey we noticed what appeared looked like large cushions that were on a slip road, so with Guru Ji’s kirpa, they were taken off the road and later on dumped in the Gurdwara’s bin. And at the Gurdwara, dass felt happy – so it was the right thing to be there, we met the Gyani. This is all thanks to God and his kirpa. Sat Naam Sri Vaheguru.

      The heart is like a flower, when it’s open, the light and love that surrounds us comes inside us. So always be open. When it’s closed, there is darkness, we are stuck within ourself. Live in your spirit, be the spirit, don’t be attached to your body. Your spirit is goodness, all spirits are goodness. By staying in your heart in your spirit mode, you’ll be unaffected by the bodily wants and desires.