What meditations can be done to fight procastination?

  • Meditate Upon The Truth
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 2, 2008
      QN: What meditations can be done to fight procastination?

      ANSWER:

      Sat Naam
      I bow to the Light Within You.

      There is a beautiful line from the saint Kabir. It has helped me to
      remember it whenever I feel like putting off tasks.

      He wrote "What you are going to do tomorrow, do today, and what you are
      going to do today, do right now!"

      [Full quote is in the Guru Granth Sahib 1371 :

      kabeer kaal kara(n)thaa abehi kar ab karathaa sue thaal ||
      paashhai kashhoo n hoeigaa jo sir par aavai kaal ||138||

      Kabeer, that which you have to do tomorrow - do it today instead;
      and that which you have to do now - do it immediately!
      Later on, you will not be able to do anything,
      when death hangs over your head. ||138||

      Full gurmukhi version:
      http://www.sikhitothemax.com/Page.asp?SourceID=G&PageNo=&ShabadID=5106&Format=2

      Kabir Ji's lifestory in an online book -
      http://www.spiritualawakeningradio.com/anurag_01_intro.pdf ]

      ANother one of his verses which has helped me goes something like, "Whenever
      you get the chance to meet a saint, go an meet them, even if its for just an
      hour, or half an hour, or half of half an hour."

      dust of your feet

      Harjit