Universal Blessing

  • Meditate Upon The Truth
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 23, 2006
      Satnaam

      Dear Friends,

      I came across these three verses from Ireland, Yoga and Tibet and compiled
      them into one to make a Universal Blessing. Just shows love is universal.

      Btw Simon Heather does a beautiful rendition of the first verse on his
      Sacred Chants CD track 13 - it had me in tears. www.simonheather.co.uk

      UNIVERSAL BLESSING

      May the road rise with you,
      May the wind be always at your back.
      May the sun shine warm upon your face,
      May the rain fall soft upon your fields.
      And until we meet again,
      May God hold you in the palm of the hand. (1)

      May the long time sun shine upon you,
      May all love surround you,
      And may the pure light within you
      Guide you on your way. (2)

      And until we meet again,
      May God hold you in the palm of the hand.

      May you be filled with kindness.
      May you be happy and well.
      May you be peaceful and free.
      May you be blessed with love. (3)

      And until we meet again,
      May God hold you in the palm of the hand.

      Adapted by Harjit Lakhan

      Based upon

      (1) Traditional Irish Blessing

      (2) Kundalini Yoga Parting song