WOMEN IN FILM PRESENTS LAINIE KAZAN!

  • bobfraser@youmustact.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 2, 2006
      WOMEN IN FILM PRESENTS LAINIE KAZAN! One Day Only!

      My good friend, Leslie Berger, has asked me to pass along
      this announcement. Since Lainie has always been one of my
      favorite people - I plan to be there - I hope you will too.

      WHAT: Women in Film - Actors Group Meeting

      WHEN: Saturday, September 9th - 1:30pm-3:30 pm

      WHERE: Raleigh Studios - 655 N. Van Ness - Los Angeles.

      GUEST: The Multi-Talented, Singer/Actor, Lainie Kazan

      ABOUT LAINIE KAZAN

      Lainie Kazan is the embodiment of the word 'entertainer.' She
      is an artist who has reached the pinnacle in virtually every
      area of performance. She has come a long way since she was
      Barbra Streisand's Broadway understudy in "Funny Girl."

      Lainie has received critical acclaim for her roles in films
      including "Beaches," "What's Cooking," and the blockbuster
      comedy "My Big Fat Greek Wedding." She has earned a Golden
      Globe nomination for her role as Belle Steinberg Carroca in
      1982's "My Favorite Year." Reprising her role in the broadway
      musical version of "My Favorite Year" 10 years later, Lainie
      was nominated for a Tony award.

      She has just completed filming the independent feature "Beau
      Jest" starring Seymour Cassell and Willie Garson. Ms. Kazan
      has also just recently starred in the play, "Bermuda Avenue
      Triangle" co-starring Renee Taylor and Joseph Bologna. She
      co-produced her latest CD with award-winning pianist David
      Benoit, and Clark Germain, entitled "Lainie Kazan - In The
      Groove," it also features vocals from Lainie's daughter,
      Jennifer Bena and piano from David Benoit.

      Lainie is also an avid supporter of various charities, and
      received the "Woman of the Year" award from B'nai Brith and
      has graced the stage for many AIDS benefits, telethons and
      non-profit organizations throughout the US.

      You can find out more about Lainie Kazan at ...

      http://www.lainiekazan.com

      EVERYONE IS WELCOME TO ATTEND - MEN TOO!

      Women In Film members - no charge. (Bring your WIF ID card)

      Non-Members - $15 cash please

      Bring your business cards to meet and network with other
      attendees!

      RSVP: Leslie Berger, Chairperson at leslieberger2002@...

      Include in your email the names of who will be attending and
      if you are a WIF member. For those who do not have access to
      a computer, you may contact Leslie at 323-839-5597 - for
      reservations.

      Held at: Raleigh Studios-655 N. Van Ness, Los Angeles. One
      block south of Melrose. Parking Fee - $5. The meeting will
      be held in the Chaplin Building, upstairs in the Chaplin Theatre.

      Leslie Berger, Chairperson and Moderator
      Celebrating her 4th Anniversary as Chair!
      http://www.leslieberger.net

      Bob Fraser is an actor, writer, director, producer and
      the author of You Must Act! & Headshot Secrets Revealed

      Bob's popular seminar called Show Biz U is only offered
      semi-regularly. The next available session is in Burbank
      (California) on September 23, 2006

      You can learn more by going to:

      http://www.showbizu.com