Future classes in Covington, Metairie, Shreveport, Baton Rouge, and Kenner

  • Veleka Gray
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 2, 2006
      Darling Actors,

      Here is the latest schedule of classes in Louisiana through May 13th.

      NORTHSHORE NEXT

      If you have been wishing for a weekly acting class that caters to adult
      actors north of New Orleans, we are beginning a series of six classes
      this Tuesday evening, April 4.

      The focus of the series is on ways you can take advantage of the motion
      picture business and new film studios coming into our state. We will be
      paying particular attention to rapid character development since in film
      you must be able to act instantly. How you do that will be practiced in
      class along with other traditional acting coaching.

      OTHER FUTURE CLASSES

      METAIRIE - A class limited to professional actors only will start on
      Monday, April 17th. This class focuses on honing your craft and
      increasing your business acumen to sustain you as you climb the ladder
      of show biz success. To enroll in this class, you must have prior
      experience or have taken my training in the Four Steps and the Three
      Stages in another class or workshop.

      COVINGTON - If you're a Northshore teen aged thirteen to eighteen, learn
      the craft of acting by playing theater games and doing fun exercises to
      prepare you for auditions for theater or film. Public speaking training
      is included to help you think on your feet and become more spontaneous.
      Gain confidence and poise as you employ improvisational techniques and
      learn acting in scenes with fellow classmates. This series of six
      classes starts on Tuesday, April 18th, from four to six p.m.

      SHREVEPORT - Three powerful workshops sponsored by the HURD are
      scheduled for the weekend of April 22 and 23. On Saturday there will be
      two workshops, one for the development of young film actors and one for
      beginning film actors. On Sunday there will be a seven-hour intensive
      for advanced work. This intensive workshop is limited. Only those who
      have already learned the fundamentals in a prior class with me may
      attend.

      BATON ROUGE - New! Two HURD workshops for the talent in our sister city
      are planned for Saturday, April 29. The workshops in our state's
      capitol are for both new and experienced talent. The morning workshop
      includes the fundamentals, from hitting marks and finding your key light
      to how to put your best foot forward when meeting casting directors and
      agents. The advanced workshop for more experienced actors will address
      set etiquette, the unwritten rules of actor interaction, specifics of
      acting for the camera, and how to shine when the spotlight is on you.

      KENNER - On Saturday, May 13th, B & V is holding our famous beginner and
      advanced workshops for kids and adults in the Metairie / Kenner area.
      Dr. Rebecca Hale and I will teach a variety of exercises and techniques
      essential for getting cast in commercials, for auditioning for film, and
      tips on how to promote your career to your best advantage.

      Please contact me for more information on tuition, time, or other
      questions regarding any class or workshop. E-mail is usually fastest,
      or call my cell at (504) 812-3379. If you'd like to register, I'll be
      happy to send you directions to any of the classes. For the HURD
      workshops in both Baton Rouge and Shreveport, contact Tara at (318)
      573-0039.

      : ),

      Veleka

      Personal Web site: http://www.Veleka.com/