Mayday! Bering Sea (Out of Range) Premieres 9p Wed March 3 Discovery Ch

  • Louisiana Sunshine
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 1, 2010
      Mayday! Bering Sea (Out of Range) Filmed in Shreveport and Larose, La. Premieres on Discovery Channel 9p Wednesday March 3

      MAYDAY! BERING SEA imdb
      http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1607599/

      US COAST GUARD
      http://www.uscg.mil/hq/cg092/mopic/upcoming.asp

      DISCOVERY CHANNEL
      http://dsc.discovery.com/tv-schedules/special.html?paid=1.14144.26077.0.0

      [b]Mayday! Bering Sea[/b]
      Wednesday Mar 03, 9:00 pm
      Thursday Mar 04, 12:00 m Midnight

      On March 23, 2008, the Alaska Ranger sank leaving 47 fishermen helpless in the frigid Bering Sea, a worst ever scenario on the world's deadliest seas. This is the true story in the words of those who survived, and the heroic account of those who did not.

      [UNQUOTE]

      FROM RONNIE GURNEY AND MARGARET WREN

      [QUOTE]

      During December, 2009, Gurney Productions was in Shreveport shooting Bering Sea Mayday at the wave tank where Kevin Costner shot part of The Guardian . At the time , they were calling it Out Of Range. We worked there the week of December 6th , and went down to Larose , Louisiana that weekend - the 12th and 13th- to shoot on a real ship . These were all night shoots , and it was in the 20s and 30s here in Shreveport as we worked , much of the time either in the wave tank or under the spray of a fire hose. Of course in south Louisiana , the temperature was in the 70s.

      This film is the story of the Alaska Ranger and her crew, which sank in early 2008. [b]Russ Skains[/b], [b]Rod Tait[/b], and [b]Ronnie Lammons[/b] were among the locals who were recruited for the project.

      This show will premiere on the Discovery Channel on March 3, and most likely air several more times through the month . Watch to see some of our local talent in this documentary if you get a chance, and support the Louisiana, Larose and Shreveport film industry!

      [UNQUOTE]