Playground for serious actors

  • Veleka Gray
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 1, 2008
      If your New Year's resolution is to get your acting career off the
      ground, you will find no better place to study and master the craft
      than in classes at The Actors Alliance, the playground for serious
      actors.

      Training with other fine talent in New Orleans, on the Northshore,
      and in Baton Rouge, you practice new skills and learn new techniques
      while networking with peers to gain other benefits, too.

      Here's what five actors who have studied at The Actors Alliance
      recently wrote about their experience:

      Blaze Keys: "I can't wait until the next session starts. I already
      asked my manager at work if I can work more mornings so I can have my
      evenings off so I can attend more classes."

      Lydia Pourciau: "With every class I am feeling more and more relaxed
      and able to focus on myself and my craft. Thank You! for providing a
      safe environment for all of us to be ourselves without judgment but
      with understanding."

      Mary Zanco: "I always walk away from your class feeling very
      energized, optimistic, and happy."

      Conrad Adams: "I think you're an excellent teacher. I like the way
      you protect your students."

      Alisha Julian: "Class was great last night. I really enjoyed it.
      Thank you for everything - all you do, all your knowledge, and thanks
      for not being scared to share it with us."

      The upcoming series, "Appropriate Assertion," will show you how to
      judge whether you are putting too much or too little into your
      scenes. This is crucial if you want to come off like a confident
      principal performer on auditions and on the set.

      No matter how good you are, no matter how well-trained or talented,
      if you are pushing yourself in the wrong places and pulling back when
      your character is meant to stand out, you will look artificial on
      screen.

      This all-new course at The Actors Alliance is designed to help you to
      see how to refine and tailor your delivery to show both the
      subtleties of your character and the bigger picture of your
      character's goal. At the end of this series, you will have the
      knowledge to see how to measure this by viewing your work on camera
      in a showcase with an industry pro.

      Series start in:

      Metairie on Monday, January 7th, 6:30 p.m.
      Covington on Tuesday, January 8th, 6:30 p.m.
      Denham Springs on Thursday, January 10th, 7 p.m.

      To register or get more information, phone teacher Veleka Gray at
      (504) 812-3379 or e-mail actorsalliance@....

      Wishing you a brilliant New Year where all your dreams for yourself
      come true. Let me know how The Actors Alliance can help you do that.

      Veleka
      Web site: http://TheActorsAlliance.com/.
    • Veleka Gray
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 4, 2008
        SAG says actors won't do Globes

        It's official: No actors will show up

        By DAVE MCNARY

        SAG president Alan Rosenberg has announced that not one of the more
        than 70 actors nominated for a Golden Globe will attend the Jan. 13
        ceremonies because of the WGA's plans to picket the event.

        The Globes have been thrown into turmoil and uncertainty due to the
        WGA's refusal to grant a strike waiver to struck Globes producer Dick
        Clark Prods., which offered to accept the same terms as David
        Letterman's Worldwide Pants banner. Instead, the guild has said it
        will picket the Globes, skedded to air on NBC, which has become a
        prime target of the WGA's strike campaign in the past few weeks.

        Rosenberg, who made the announcement Friday afternoon, has been a
        staunch supporter of the two-month strike.

        "After considerable outreach to Golden Globe actor nominees and their
        representatives over the past several weeks, there appears to be
        unanimous agreement that these actors will not cross WGA picket lines
        to appear on the Golden Globe Awards as acceptors or presenters," he
        said. "We applaud our members for this remarkable show of solidarity
        for striking Writers Guild of America writers."

        In response, Dick Clark Prods. issued this statement: "Dick Clark
        Productions has reached out to the WGA on numerous occasions, from
        the very beginning of the WGA strike, and offered to enter into an
        interim agreement similar to the agreement reached by Worldwide Pants
        on behalf of the "Late Show with David Letterman" for the "Golden
        Globe Awards" -- as well as all of our other programs. We are
        disappointed that the WGA has refused to bargain with us in good
        faith. It is apparent that we are being treated differently from
        similarly situated production companies.

        "Dick Clark Productions is an independent production company that is
        not a member of the AMPTP and which has not authorized the AMPTP to
        represent it in the 2007 WGA negotiations. We support the WGA in
        their efforts on behalf of writers and hope that they will reconsider
        their position with regard to negotiating an interim agreement with us."

        On Friday, at a Los Angeles meeting with actors' reps, Rosenberg
        passed along the WGA's wish that actors also not attend the Broadcast
        Film Critics' Critics Choice Awards Monday night, even though the
        event will not be picketed and will be broadcast by VH1. The event is
        not under a union contract, so the WGA cannot officially call for a
        boycott.

        Earlier Friday, Hollywood Foreign Press Association president Jorge
        Camara issued this statement: "The Hollywood Foreign Press
        Association has been placed in an extremely difficult position with
        the ongoing Writers Guild strike. We are making every effort to work
        out a solution that will permit the Golden Globes to take place with
        the creative community present to participate. We hope to announce a
        resolution to this unfortunate predicament on Monday."

        WGA West president Patric Verrone also issued a response praising SAG
        and blaming the mega-congloms for throwing the kudos season into
        confusion.
        "We are grateful to our brothers and sisters in SAG for their
        continued solidarity and support," Verrone said. "The entire awards
        show season is being put in jeopardy by the intransigence of a few
        big media corporations. We urge the conglomerates to return to the
        bargaining table they abandoned and negotiate a fair and reasonable
        deal with writers to put this town back to work."

        A group of top publicity firms echoed SAG's concerns in a letter to
        NBC Universal president and CEO Jeff Zucker sent Friday afternoon.

        "After much discussion with our clients, we have concluded the vast
        majority of the talent we represent are not comfortable crossing a
        picket line. Our clients are extremely grateful to the Hollywood
        Foreign Press Association and would love the opportunity to be
        recognized for their work, but will only do so in the event NBC/Dick
        Clark Productions reaches an interim agreement with the WGA for the
        Golden Globes."

        Talks between the WGA and the AMPTP collapsed on Dec. 7 after the
        majors insisted the guild remove six proposals from the table as a
        condition of continued bargaining. No new talks have been set; the
        Directors Guild of America may start their talks with the AMPTP soon.

        Rosenberg also announced SAG is urging its members to appear on the
        two Worldwide Pants shows that have waiver deals with the WGA --
        "Late Show with David Letterman" and "Late Late Show with Craig
        Ferguson" -- but indicated they should avoid other shows. That would
        include "The Tonight Show With Jay Leno," although Rosenberg did not
        specify any other show by name.

        "Actors who are asked to appear on the struck network talk shows will
        have to cross WGA picket lines, creating the same situation that has
        led to the consensus among actors to skip the golden Globes,"
        Rosenberg said. "As I have said since this strike began on November
        5th, we must stand united with our brothers and sisters at the WGA."

        http://www.variety.com/VR1117978475.html
          When Movies Don’t Live Up to the Trailer

          By DAVID POGUE
          I can’t tell you how much I love the Internet Movie Database
          (imdb.com). I love The Times’s movie reviews, too, but I don’t always
          agree with them. The wisdom of the masses on IMDB -- thousands of
          people’s collective grade for a movie on a 1-to-10 scale -- very
          rarely misses.

          (Hint: It’s not really a 1-to-10 scale. By the time you average
          together all the scores from a huge number of people with different
          tastes, the scale gets compressed. On IMDB, an average movie usually
          gets around a 7. Anything that averages an 8 score is sensational;
          below 6, it’s a turkey.)

          Last night, I took my two older kids to see “National Treasure: Book
          of Secrets.” I knew from IMDB that it wasn’t going to be a
          masterpiece; it scored only a 6.9, and the comments warned us that
          there are plot holes big enough to drive a convoy through. But we’d
          liked the first “National Treasure” movie, with all its historical
          references and clever puzzles, and thought we’d give it a shot.

          On the way home, what we discussed wasn’t the plot or the shaky grasp
          of history. It was all the good stuff we’d seen in the trailers (the
          ads) that weren’t even *in* the movie.

          For example, in one of the trailers, there are shots of the pyramids
          and other Egyptian landmarks. None of the movie takes place in Egypt.

          Then there’s a flyover of the top of Mount Rushmore, revealing that
          there’s a rectangular door carved into the stone of the mountain
          behind it. That shot isn’t in the movie, either (and would have
          helped a lot with comprehension, by the way).

          One of the most compelling sequences in the trailer shows Nicolas
          Cage at the Lincoln Memorial — three or four shots that make you
          think that this movie’s grand historical conspiracy somehow involves
          that famous monument. It doesn’t, and none of those shots appear in
          the movie.

          Oh, there’s humor in the movie, too. In the trailer, Nicolas Cage
          sticks his hand into a rocky hole. His mother says, “It could be a
          horrible trap!” He suddenly screams in pain! But then he reveals that
          he’s just kidding: “Sorry, I couldn’t resist.” This sequence is
          totally different in tone, timing and even camera angle than what’s
          in the movie.

          In trailer #2, Mr. Cage’s girlfriend Abigail says, regarding the
          presidential book of secrets: “Oh, come on. It’s a myth!” She doesn’t
          say that in the movie; she hasn’t even heard of it in the movie.

          In the preview, the President of the United States tells Mr. Cage:
          “You are now No. 1 on the N.S.A., the C.I.A., and the F.B.I.’s Most
          Wanted list.” All of this is edited dramatically in the trailer, with
          quick flashes to running SWAT teams, FBI guys with raised pistols,
          and so on.

          But that line never appears in the movie — and, if you see the movie,
          you’ll see why it’s completely misleading to imply that the president
          would say that.

          Then there’s the sidekick Riley’s hilarious quips. Cage says, in a
          dank, “Raiders of the Lost Ark”-style cavern: “Riley! What do you see
          down there?”

          Riley replies: “Death and despair. Mostly death, though, maybe a
          little despair for a few seconds, but then a hard sudden death.”

          That entire exchange exists only in the trailer.

          Now then.

          I can already hear the snarling e-mail rebuttals: “It’s a movie. Let
          it go. The world has bigger problems.”

          And I do realize that editing happens. Especially with movies in
          trouble or movies where early test audiences are confused. And I’ll
          bet there was a lot of that on this movie. Trailers are often edited
          rather radically — scenes rearranged, dialogue snippets taken out of
          context, and so on. And usually, nobody minds.

          But this one got me thinking: Just how different can a trailer be
          without becoming false advertising?

          In this case, those lines from Riley made the movie seem funnier than
          it was, the president’s line made the dramatic stakes seem higher
          than they were, and the scenes at the Lincoln Memorial made the
          historical conspiracy seem more ingenious than it was (historical
          clues hidden right under our noses!). I can say with confidence that
          some of those elements played a part in my wanting to see the movie.

          Rearranging scenes in the trailer is one thing. But what about this
          business of putting stuff in the trailer -- a *lot* of stuff -- that
          isn’t in the movie at all? If they can get away with “National
          Treasure”-style misrepresentation, what’s to stop other moviemakers
          from putting special effects, witty lines, exotic locales and hot-
          looking actors into *their* trailers, just to get us to go to a movie
          that doesn’t have any of those things?

          And if they do start doing that, how will we, the people, ever
          compare notes and warn each other? We’ll do it on IMDB, of course.
          Bookmark it.

          http://www.nytimes.com/indexes/2008/01/03/technology/circuitsemail/
          index.html?8cir&emc=cir
        • Veleka Gray
          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 10, 2008
            January 10, 2008
            From the Desk of David Pogue
            Movie Trailers: The Final Cut
            By DAVID POGUE

            In my newsletter last week, I criticized “National Treasure: Book of
            Secrets” -- or rather, its ads. I pointed out that the trailers for
            this movie were teeming with scenes, lines of dialogue and shots that
            were not, in fact, in the movie.

            This week, I want to share some of the reader feedback. I realize
            that I’m straying from my usual technology focus, but this business
            of movie trailers turns out to be a hot topic. Besides, today’s
            installment has a surprise ending that’s too good to withhold.

            Anyway, lots of you agreed with me:

            * “Putting scenes in the trailer that aren’t in the movie crosses a
            big line with me.”

            * “When was the last time you bought a book and found that the
            extract on Amazon isn’t in the book? And when was the last time you
            bought a CD and found that the pre-released single isn’t on it?
            Never? So why are film studios allowed to do it?”

            But more of you had other gripes with movie trailers:

            * "What should make us all angry is trailers that give away important
            plot points. I’ve taken to calling going to films ‘trailer
            confirmation.’

            “A friend of mine actually waits outside the door of the theater
            until they’ve finished showing the previews, so as not to ruin future
            moviegoing experiences. (I’d do that, too, if I weren’t so interested
            in getting a good seat.)”

            * “At least ‘National Treasure’’s trailer didn’t mislead regarding
            the tone or plot. Didja ever see the trailer for Jack Nicholson’s
            ‘About Schmidt?’ You’d think the movie was a hilarious comedy. The
            trailer contains the only 30 seconds of the movie that even hint at
            comedy. The rest is the darkest, most depressing film I have ever seen.”

            * “ You missed a very important point: When I go to the theatre, why
            do I see trailers for movies that won't be out for six months? I am
            more interested in what will be playing at my local theater in the
            next few weeks. And if the trailer related to a movie that was
            imminent, then it would probably be more accurate as well.”

            And then, inevitably, there were comments like these:

            * “Jeeez, you folks should get a life! This is a problem?? Who cares?
            Can’t believe you devoted a column to this.”

            But of all the feedback to my column, one person’s message carries
            more authority than anyone else’s. It comes from Jon Turteltaub --
            the *director* of “National Treasure: Book of Secrets!”

            Kudos to him for chiming in, and for allowing me to post his comments.

            * “Yeah... the trailer issue is a weird one. At some point, we all
            wonder if there’s something misleading in the advertising if the
            scenes shown aren’t in the movie... but apparently, the studios and
            all their lawyers feel it’s not a legal problem.

            “Basically, what happens is that as we film a movie, the ‘dailies’
            are sent to the marketing department. They cut together the trailers
            LONG before we have had time to cut the movie together. The first
            trailer for ‘Book of Secrets’ was finished when we were only halfway
            through the filming!

            “Then, as we cut the movie, they get revised scenes and try their
            best to use what we give them, but often, the ship has sailed.
            They’ve finished a fun, great trailer without knowing whether the
            scenes will end up in the movie. Plus, scenes can get cut out at the
            last minute for all sorts of reasons... running time, they test
            badly, or they just don’t fit.

            “What’s funny is that the filmmakers do exactly what you do. I was
            watching the final trailer for my movie, saying what you said:
            ‘Ummm....that’s not in the movie, that’s not in the movie, THAT’S not
            in the movie.’ But then I respond by saying, ‘Uh oh, did we cut out
            all the best parts???’

            “The fact is, what works in a trailer isn’t necessarily what works in
            the full feature. Dialogue that is really blatantly clear and
            ‘explainy’ is GREAT in a trailer. Profound statements like ‘Let’s
            find that treasure!’ work in a 30-second commercial, but come out
            pretty lame in a real dialogue scene.

            “For me, the biggest problem that comes up is when the trailers and
            TV spots don’t reflect the essence of the movie they are selling. You
            see that a LOT. The studio often feels that the movie they made isn’t
            a movie they can sell... so they sell it as a different movie. That
            can help fill seats on opening weekend, but it usually backfires.
            Personally, I think that’s what happened to ‘Sweeney Todd.’ Perhaps
            they didn’t want anyone to know it was bloody, gory, and a musical.
            So they hid that. What happens is that the wrong audience sees the
            movie on opening weekend, and the word of mouth is all wrong. Great
            movies can get lost because of this.”

            http://www.nytimes.com/2008/01/10/technology/personaltech/10pogue-
            email.html?_r=1&8cir&emc=cir&oref=slogin
          • Veleka Gray
              'Atonement,' 'Sweeney' win Globes
              Christie wins best actress, Day-Lewis wins actor

              By PHIL GALLO

              Two films that twist their genres, the period romance "Atonement" and
              Tim Burton's adaptation of the murderous musical "Sweeney Todd," were
              named the top movies of 2007 at the odd and quickly executed 65th
              annual Golden Globes "ceremony" Sunday.

              "Atonement" and "Sweeney" were among four pics receiving two wins
              each. "No Country for Old Men" won the screenplay nod for Ethan and
              Joel Coen and supporting actor for Javier Bardem; "The Diving Bell
              and the Butterfly" won for director Julian Schnabel and foreign
              language film. "Atonement's second win was for Dario Marianelli's score.

              Because the Hollywood Foreign Press Assn. was unable to make a deal
              with the striking Writers Guild of America, which would have allowed
              the Globes to be televised, the usual fanfare associated with the
              Globes was replaced by a news conference. Award winners were read by
              television entertainment journalists from the shows "The Insider,"
              CNN's "Showbiz Tonight," E!, "Extra," "Inside Edition," and
              "Entertainment Tonight." HFPA president Jorge Camara presented the
              final award of the night.

              "Sweeney Todd: Demon Barber of Fleet Street" highlighted a musical
              mood of the evening: Johnny Depp won an acting trophy for portraying
              Todd; Cate Blanchett was named supporting actress for her portrayal
              of Bob Dylan in "I'm Not There"; and Marion Cotillard won the musical/
              comedy actress award for portraying Edith Piaf in "La Vie En Rose."

              Julie Christie, who had not been nominated for a Globe since 1975's
              "Shampoo," won her first for "Away From Her." Daniel Day-Lewis, who
              had been nominated four times previously and not won, struck oil in
              the actor in a drama category for "There Will Be Blood."

              The Globes, determined by the 82-member Hollywood Foreign Press
              Assn., were handed out in 35 minutes at a press conference in the
              hotel's International Ballroom with no celebrities or recipients on
              hand.

              The journos continued to display their love for Great Britain and
              cable television, handing "Longford," HBO's U.K. co-production with
              Granada and Channel 4, three awards, including best miniseries or
              motion picture made for TV. AMC's "Mad Men," with only one season
              aired, won the TV drama nod while its star, Jon Hamm took the award
              for actor in a TV drama series. "Extras," from the BBC and HBO, was
              named TV's top comedy.

              "Longford's" Jim Broadbent and Samantha Morton won acting awards;
              Jeremy Piven (HBO's "Entourage") and David Duchovny (Showtime's
              "Californication") were among the cable stars awarded.

              For the second year in a row, Disney/Pixar was served the animated
              film award, this time for "Ratatouille."

              "Charlie Wilson's War," which received five noms, and "Michael
              Clayton, which had four, were shut out.

              HBO was the TV leader with six wins in the 11 TV categories. Among
              the film studios, Paramount Vantage and Miramax were involved with
              four winners each.

              Click here for the Golden Globes scorecard:

              http://www.variety.com/awardcentral_article/VR1117977646.html?
              nav=news&categoryid=1983&cs=1

              The winners of the 65th Annual Golden Globe Awards are:

              MOTION PICTURE - DRAMA

              "American Gangster" - Imagine Entertainment/Scott Free Productions;
              Universal Pictures

              WINNER: "Atonement" - Working Title Productions; Focus Features

              "Eastern Promises" - Kudos Pictures - Uk Serendipity Point Films -
              Canada A Uk/Canada Co-Production; Focus Features

              "The Great Debaters" - Harpo Films; The Weinstein Company/MGM

              "Michael Clayton" - Samuels Media and Castle Rock Entertainment a
              Mirage Enterprises/Section 8 Production; Warner Bros. Pictures

              "No Country For Old Men" - A Scott Rudin/Mike Zoss Production;
              Miramax/Paramount Vantage

              "There Will Be Blood" - A Joanne Sellar/Ghoulardi Film Company
              Production; Paramount Vantage and Miramax Films

              PERFORMANCE BY AN ACTRESS IN A MOTION PICTURE - DRAMA

              Cate Blanchett - "Elizabeth: The Golden Age"
              WINNER: Julie Christie - "Away From Her"
              Jodie Foster - "The Brave One"
              Angelina Jolie - "A Mighty Heart"
              Keira Knightley - "Atonement"

              PERFORMANCE BY AN ACTOR IN A MOTION PICTURE - DRAMA

              George Clooney - "Michael Clayton"
              WINNER: Daniel Day-Lewis - "There Will Be Blood"
              James McAvoy - "Atonement"
              Viggo Mortensen - "Eastern Promises"
              Denzel Washington - "American Gangster"

              MOTION PICTURE - COMEDY OR MUSICAL

              "Across The Universe" - Revolution Studios International; Sony
              Pictures Releasing

              "Charlie Wilson’s War" - Universal Pictures/Relativity Media/
              Participant Productions/Playtone; Universal Pictures

              "Hairspray" - Zadan/Meron Prods./New Line Cinema in association with
              Ingenious Film Partners; New Line Cinema

              "Juno" - Mandate Pictures/Mr. Mudd Production; Fox Searchlight Pictures

              WINNER: "Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street" - Parkes/Mac
              Donald and Zanuck Company; Warner Bros. Pictures

              PERFORMANCE BY AN ACTRESS IN A MOTION PICTURE - COMEDY OR MUSICAL

              Amy Adams - "Enchanted"
              Nikki Blonsky - "Hairspray"
              Helena Bonham Carter - "Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street"
              WINNER: Marion Cotillard - "La Vie en rose"
              Ellen Page - "Juno"

              PERFORMANCE BY AN ACTOR IN A MOTION PICTURE - COMEDY OR MUSICAL

              WINNER: Johnny Depp - "Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street"
              Ryan Gosling - "Lars And The Real Girl"
              Tom Hanks - "Charlie Wilson’s War"
              Philip Seymour Hoffman - "The Savages"
              John C. Reilly - "Walk Hard: The Dewey Cox Story"

              ANIMATED FEATURE FILM

              "Bee Movie" - DreamWorks Animation; DreamWorks Animation

              WINNER: "Ratatouille" - Pixar; Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures
              Distribution

              "The Simpsons Movie" - Gracie Films; Twentieth Century Fox

              FOREIGN LANGUAGE FILM

              "4 Months, 3 Weeks And 2 Days" (Romania) - Mobra Films; IFC First Take

              WINNER: "The Diving Bell And The Butterfly" (France And USA) - A
              Kennedy/Marshall Company And Jon Kilik Production; Miramax/Paramount
              Vantage

              "The Kite Runner" (USA) - Dreamworks Pictures Sidney Kimmel
              Entertainment And Paramount Classics Participant Productions Present
              A Sidney Kimmel Entertainment And Parkes/Macdonald Production
              Distributed By Paramount Classics

              "Lust, Caution" (Taiwan) - Haishang Films; Focus Features

              "Persepolis" (France) - 247 Films; Sony Pictures Classics

              PERFORMANCE BY AN ACTRESS IN A SUPPORTING ROLE IN A MOTION PICTURE

              WINNER: Cate Blanchett - "I’m Not There"
              Julia Roberts - "Charlie Wilson’S War"
              Saoirse Ronan - "Atonement"
              Amy Ryan - "Gone Baby Gone"
              Tilda Swinton - "Michael Clayton"

              PERFORMANCE BY AN ACTOR IN A SUPPORTING ROLE IN A MOTION PICTURE

              Casey Affleck - "The Assassination Of Jesse James By The Coward
              Robert Ford"

              WINNER: Javier Bardem - "No Country For Old Men"

              Philip Seymour Hoffman - "Charlie Wilson’s War"

              John Travolta - "Hairspray"

              Tom Wilkinson - "Michael Clayton"

              DIRECTOR - MOTION PICTURE

              Tim Burton - "Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street"
              Ethan Coen & Joel Coen - "No Country For Old Men"
              WINNER: Julian Schnabel - "The Diving Bell And The Butterfly"
              Ridley Scott - "American Gangster"
              Joe Wright - "Atonement"

              SCREENPLAY - MOTION PICTURE

              Diablo Cody - "Juno"
              WINNER: Ethan Coen & Joel Coen - "No Country For Old Men"
              Christopher Hampton - "Atonement"
              Ronald Harwood - "The Diving Bell And The Butterfly"
              Aaron Sorkin - "Charlie Wilson’s War"

              ORIGINAL SCORE - MOTION PICTURE

              Michael Brook, Kaki King, Eddie Vedder - "Into The Wild"
              Clint Eastwood - "Grace Is Gone"
              Alberto Iglesias - "The Kite Runner"
              WINNER: Dario Marianelli - "Atonement"
              Howard Shore - "Eastern Promises"

              ORIGINAL SONG - MOTION PICTURE

              "Despedida" from "Love In The Time Of Cholera" - Music By: Shakira,
              Antonio Pinto, Lyrics By: Shakira

              "Grace Is Gone" from "Grace Is Gone" - Music By: Clint Eastwood,
              Lyrics By: Carole Bayer Sager

              WINNER: "Guaranteed" from "Into The Wild" - Music & Lyrics By: Eddie
              Vedder

              "That’s How You Know" from "Enchanted"- Music By: Alan Menken, Lyrics
              By: Stephen Schwartz

              "Walk Hard" from "Walk Hard: The Dewey Cox Story" - Music & Lyrics
              by: Marshall Crenshaw, John C. Reilly, Judd Apatow, Kasdan

              TELEVISION

              TELEVISION SERIES - DRAMA

              "Big Love" (HBO) - Anima Sola and Playtone Productions in association
              with HBO Entertainment

              "Damages" (Fx Networks) - FX Productions and Sony Pictures Television

              "Grey’s Anatomy" (ABC) - ABC Studios

              "House" (Fox) - Heel and Toe Films, Shore Z Productions and Bad Hat
              Harry Productions in association with Universal Media Studios

              WINNER: "Mad Men" (Amc) - Lionsgate Television

              "The Tudors" (Showtime) - Showtime/Peace Arch Entertainment/Working
              Title/Reveille Productions Limited/An Ireland-Canada Co-Production

              PERFORMANCE BY AN ACTRESS IN A TELEVISION SERIES - DRAMA

              Patricia Arquette- "Medium"
              WINNER: Glenn Close - "Damages"
              Minnie Driver - "The Riches"
              Edie Falco - "The Sopranos"
              Sally Field - "Brothers & Sisters"
              Holly Hunter - "Saving Grace"
              Kyra Sedgwick - "The Closer"

              PERFORMANCE BY AN ACTOR IN A TELEVISION SERIES - DRAMA

              Michael C. Hall - "Dexter"
              WINNER: Jon Hamm - "Mad Men"
              Hugh Laurie - "House"
              Jonathan Rhys Meyers - "The Tudors"
              Bill Paxton - "Big Love"

              TELEVISION SERIES - COMEDY OR MUSICAL

              "30 Rock" (NBC) - Universal Media Studios In Association With
              Broadway Video And Little Stranger - Inc.

              "Californication" (Showtime) - Showtime Presents In Association With
              Aggressive Mediocrity, And Then…, Twilight Time Films

              "Entourage" (HBO) - Leverage And Closest To The Hole Productions In
              Association With HBO Entertainment

              WINNER: "Extras" (HBO) - BBC And HBO Entertainment

              "Pushing Daisies" (ABC) - Living Dead Guy Productions, The Jinks/
              Cohen Company in association with Warner Bros. Television

              PERFORMANCE BY AN ACTRESS IN A TELEVISION SERIES -COMEDY OR MUSICAL

              Christina Applegate - "Samantha Who?"
              America Ferrera - "Ugly Betty"
              WINNER: Tina Fey - "30 Rock"
              Anna Friel - "Pushing Daisies"
              Mary-Louise Parker - "Weeds"

              PERFORMANCE BY AN ACTOR IN A TELEVISION SERIES - COMEDY OR MUSICAL

              Alec Baldwin - "30 Rock"
              Steve Carell - "The Office"
              WINNER: David Duchovny - "Californication"
              Ricky Gervais - "Extras"
              Lee Pace - "Pushing Daisies"

              MINI-SERIES OR MOTION PICTURE MADE FOR TELEVISION

              "Bury My Heart At Wounded Knee" (HBO) - A Wolf Films/Traveler’S Rest
              Production In Association With HBO Films

              "The Company" (TNT) - Sony Pictures Television

              "Five Days" (HBO) - HBO Films In Association With BBC Films

              WINNER: "Longford" (HBO) - A Granada Production in association with
              Channel 4 and HBO Films

              "The State Within" (BBC America) - BBC America, BBC

              PERFORMANCE BY AN ACTRESS IN A MINI-SERIES OR MOTION PICTURE MADE FOR
              TELEVISION

              Bryce Dallas Howard - "As You Like It"
              Debra Messing - "The Starter Wife"
              WINNER: Queen Latifah - "Life Support"
              Sissy Spacek - "Pictures Of Hollis Woods"
              Ruth Wilson - "Jane Eyre" ("Masterpiece Theatre")

              PERFORMANCE BY AN ACTOR IN A MINI-SERIES OR MOTION PICTURE MADE FOR
              TELEVISION

              Adam Beach - "Bury My Heart At Wounded Knee"
              Ernest Borgnine - "A Grandpa For Christmas"
              WINNER: Jim Broadbent - "Longford"
              Jason Isaacs - "The State Within"
              James Nesbitt - "Jekyll"

              PERFORMANCE BY AN ACTRESS IN A SUPPORTING ROLE IN A SERIES, MINI-
              SERIES OR MOTION PICTURE MADE FOR TELEVISION

              Rose Byrne - "Damages"
              Rachel Griffiths - "Brothers & Sisters"
              Katherine Heigl - "Grey’s Anatomy"
              WINNER: Samantha Morton - "Longford"
              Anna Paquin - "Bury My Heart At Wounded Knee"
              Jaime Pressly - "My Name Is Earl"

              PERFORMANCE BY AN ACTOR IN A SUPPORTING ROLE IN A SERIES, MINI-SERIES
              OR MOTION PICTURE MADE FOR TELEVISION

              Ted Danson - "Damages"
              Kevin Dillon - "Entourage"
              WINNER: Jeremy Piven - "Entourage"
              Andy Serkis - "Longford"
              William Shatner - "Boston Legal"
              Donald Sutherland - "Dirty Sexy Money"

              http://www.variety.com/VR1117977639.html
            • Veleka Gray
              Message 6 of 7 , Jan 15, 2008
                Message 7 of 7 , Jan 15, 2008
                  Solving Miss Scarlet in the library with the candlestick : )

                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_igKSYspPs