hop bines after harvest

  • scott_barrett_2000
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 1, 2009
      now that my hops have dies out. how short should i cut the bines?
    • Dave Witt
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 1, 2009

        You can cut them to the ground.  Sometimes, there will be above ground rhizomes.  I have a couple plants that have these.  You can see where the dead bines come out and the rest of it is still living.  They are not dead and have buds just like the ones under ground and they will sprout again next year.  I plan to cover these with some manure and mulch for the winter.

        Dave

        now that my hops have dies out. how short should i cut the bines?