Re: [Grow-Hops] RE: Separating Cascade from Centennials

  • t2000kwt
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 10, 2013
      If you want to separate them, you'll have to trace the bines down to
      the rhizome and separate them there, cutting out rhizomes and labeling
      them, then planting them somewhere else while you destroy the rest
      with Roundup or some other weed killer. I doubt you could do a
      thorough enough job of getting rid of everything left by roto-tilling
      and then pulling them all out by hand.

      If you're careful enough, you'll have enough left standing after you
      remove, lablel, and re-plant the ones you identify that you can do it
      all this year before they die back to the ground. And if you wait a
      few weeks, depending on what weed killer you choose to use, you can
      replant your marked rhizomes. Just keep them well separated and
      occasionally roto-till between them and rake out everything ripped up
      unless they're really far apart.

      Donald