I think i killed my hop plant-HELP

  • anthony
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 19, 2013
    Attached is a picture of my hop plant as it is now. There is plenty of
    compost and fertilizer in the dirt. It gets watered daily and it is in
    well draining soil. It gets plenty of light. Any suggestions? It did
    start dying after i transplanted it 2 weeks ago.
  • James Altwies
    Message 2 of 3 , Jul 19, 2013
      the only way to know for sure is to dig up one section and look at the crown.  If it is soft, water soaked or crispy then it is dead.  Likely transplanted too deep and the crown rotted.  just a guess.

      Message 3 of 3 , Jul 19, 2013
        i think i planted it too deep when i transplanted it.  it is squishy and feels like rotted wood.  I'm thinking of ordering a crown to plant this fall.