RE: RE: How do I change my groups "Cover" photo?

  • dc.corso
    Message 1 of 13 , Aug 31, 2013

      Yes, but did it save the image? No problem changing it, but when you click save, it gives a "Sorry, Yahoo is having trouble saving your image." And then I browse away from it and come back, with the image gone.

      --- In groupmanagersforum@yahoogroups.com, <judithia2000@...> wrote:

      I've been asking the same question . Here's how: Hover over the right-hand side of the page and click on"Change cover"; follow the prompts. It seems that it must be in jpeg format, when I did that it loaded extremely quickly. Good luck!!

      --- In groupmanagersforum@yahoogroups.com, <rnyfcmoderator@...> wrote:

      Did you check the permissions?

      Management - Control panel - access control

      Hope this helps.

      Thank you.

      :-)

      - Mark H.
      Lead Moderator Rochester, NY Freecycle Group
      TFN Group ID : 4121
      ________________________________

      Message 2 of 13 , Sep 1, 2013
        On Sat, 31 Aug 2013 14:42:42 -0400 (EDT), RogerCorti@... wrote:
        > I started a new group (Why?) and cannot upload any photos except by
        > way of email attachments that then have to be moved. I cannot get a
        > front page pic up at all, and it doesn't even have one of theirs as
        > default.

        I've changed the picture without a problem. It looks like the size of the picture is 300P x 1224P @ 72PPI. That worked for me. I made the picture that size before uploading it, but evidently you can make it larger and you can reposition it in the picture window before saving.

        . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

        O'Brien ––– –... .-. .. . -.
      • chuck_sprick
        Message 3 of 13 , Sep 1, 2013

          I agree, tried to upload a new photo and it just hangs.  Another brilliant "fix" by the Yahoo monkeys!

          --- In groupmanagersforum@yahoogroups.com, <bco@...> wrote:

          On Sat, 31 Aug 2013 14:42:42 -0400 (EDT), RogerCorti@... wrote:
          > I started a new group (Why?) and cannot upload any photos except by
          > way of email attachments that then have to be moved. I cannot get a
          > front page pic up at all, and it doesn't even have one of theirs as
          > default.

          I've changed the picture without a problem. It looks like the size of the picture is 300P x 1224P @ 72PPI. That worked for me. I made the picture that size before uploading it, but evidently you can make it larger and you can reposition it in the picture window before saving.

          . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

          O'Brien ––– –... .-. .. . -.
        • Shal Farley
          Message 4 of 13 , Sep 1, 2013
            Chuck,

            > I agree, tried to upload a new photo and it just hangs. Another
            > brilliant "fix" by the Yahoo monkeys!

            Yup, another bug. The work-around is to turn on the Photos section in your group, even if only for moderator access.

            -- Shal
          • Bruce Wilson
            Message 5 of 13 , Sep 1, 2013
              I had problems trying to change the cover photo but whne I changed to
              the suggested 799 x 196 96DPI size it worked like a charm.

              At 14:53 9/1/2013, you wrote:
              >Chuck,
              >
              > > I agree, tried to upload a new photo and it just hangs. Another
              > > brilliant "fix" by the Yahoo monkeys!
              >
              >Yup, another bug. The work-around is to turn on the Photos section
              >in your group, even if only for moderator access.
              >
              >-- Shal

              Bruce Wilson
              Barrie, Ontario
              Life Member NMRA Member Gauge 0 Guild
              Member Scale 7 Group Member 7mm NGA
              Member Bird Studies Canada Member Ontario Bird Banding Association
            • olivedeponte
              Message 6 of 13 , Sep 1, 2013

                Bruce, how do you change your photo to the "suggested 799 x 196 96DPI size"?

                Olive

                Message 7 of 13 , Sep 2, 2013
                  I use Irfanview to create a canvas that size.  I start with my image and use some math to get the proper ratio of the existing image height to 195 and then figure what the width should be to create the new canvas.  Irfanview lets you decide where to place the image on the new canvas.  Then I resize to 799 x 195 and 96DPI and save that image for the cover.