Re: New digest format SUCKS

  • sladroad
    Message 1 of 13 , Jul 10, 2012
      I have just received this very polite email in response to a suggestion I made using the "Comment about this new layout" link in a recent Daily Digest. Apart from the small problem that the embedded blog link opens a blank page (!) I was nevertheless encouraged and look forward to receiving the updated digest layout. There IS somebody there, in a dark cubbyhole somewhere out in the nth dimension .....
      MarionH

      "Dear Yahoo! Groups user,
      "Thank you for your feedback on the daily digest email redesign that was carried out on June 28th and 29th 2012. We listened to feedback from users like yourself, and made changes to the daily digest design. A revised version will be rolled out soon - do visit our Product blog to see the new design mock-up and for more details on what issue have been addressed : http://www.ygroupsblog.com/blog/ . Please continue to send us your feedback and help us improve your experience with Yahoo! Groups.
      "Thank you !
      Yahoo! Groups product team"
    • Trader Kevin
      Message 2 of 13 , Jul 10, 2012
        I don't use digest and found out about the change through this unhappy email from one of our members this morning...

        "On June 29, the formatting of the digest version of the We_Are_Penn_State list changed. I could read it easily before. Now the first post in the digest is ok, but then all the remaining posts have a formatting issue (only one or 2 words per line. It makes it nearly impossible to read. Is there a setting I can change?"

        Note the second line of his frustrated message: "I could read it easily before."

        If it ain't broken, don't break it!

        Yahoo, please restore to the old format until you can roll out something that works.

        Trader Kevin, owner
        We_Are_Penn_State Yahoo Group
      • Vicki Siedow
        Message 3 of 13 , Jul 10, 2012

          I have several Daily Digests delivered to me via several different email addresses, Yahoo, Gmail, my own domains, Earthlink, etc.  They are all downloaded into Outlook.  They all look just great, maybe easier to read than before.

          Vicki