Re: [GMF] Need to receive BOTH Individual -&- Digest Mode Group Posts

  • juliek.walton
    Message 1 of 11 , Apr 8 10:24 PM
      I have already requested to join via the -subscribe address with a newly created Gmail email address (so there is no conflict with an "existing" email address). I'm currently waiting on Yahoo for the request to show up as a Pending Member, then I can approve myself for membership... but nothing so far. However, I'm still hopeful! ;o) (I'll post as to whether this latest attempt was successful or not.)

      --- In GroupManagersForum@yahoogroups.com, Della <dhengel@...> wrote:

      > If you log out of your current Yahoo! account, it won't let you create a
      > new one? Seriously? That's odd.
      >
      > Although if you aren't actually going to want to post to the group from the
      > new email address, you could join via the -subscribe address and go from
      > there?
      >
      > Della
      >

      > On Sun, Apr 8, 2012 at 10:22 PM, juliek.walton wrote:
      >
      > > Yahoo will not let me create a second account. That is why I am trying to
      > > find another way to get emails in both formats. :-(

    • juliek.walton
      Message 2 of 11 , Apr 8 11:15 PM
        After discovering that the group-join-confirmation email had gotten buried in the Gmail spam folder, I was able to reply to the confirmation message/request to join and then as co-moderator, I approved my request to join (using the newly created Gmail email address via the "-subscribe" method) and then I also set the email delivery method to Daily Digest. Success at last!!! ;o)
      • David
        Message 3 of 11 , Apr 9 1:29 AM
          Were you signed in with the first account when you tried to create the
          second?

          David
          NW NC

          On 04/08/2012 11:22 PM, juliek.walton wrote:
          > Yahoo will not let me create a second account. That is why I am trying to find another way to get emails in both formats. :-(
          >
          > --- In GroupManagersForum@yahoogroups.com, Della<dhengel@...> wrote:
          >> Create a second account, join the group with the second account, but don't
          >> link second account to first account. With GMail you can get one account
          >> to pull the data from the second account, and also send mail from the
          >> second account using the first account.
          >>
          >> If that's not too confusing.
          >>
          >> Della

        • Dave Wade
          Message 4 of 11 , Apr 9 2:15 AM
            On 09/04/2012 03:49, juliek.walton wrote:
            > I am a list co-moderator. There are times when I need to see what
            > messages have posted and when to our members in "digest mode". How
            > can I get Yahoo messages in BOTH individual -and- digest mode since
            > Yahoo will not allow me to have multiple Yahoo ID's?

            Thats very odd because they forced me to have multiple IDs. I get my
            Service From BT and they created a "Yahoo" ID as part of that process.
            It says "@..." but it seems to work just fine in Yahoo Groups as a log-in.
          • Dave Wade
            Message 5 of 11 , Apr 9 2:17 AM
              On 09/04/2012 04:22, juliek.walton wrote:
              > Yahoo will not let me create a second account. That is why I am
              > trying to find another way to get emails in both formats. :-(

              Don't create a second account. Subscribe via e-mail from a gmail
              address. Use the e-mail commands to set it to digest mode...
            • ~*~WillowRaven~*~
              Message 6 of 11 , Apr 10 3:09 PM
                I have multiple Yahoo ID's with no problem, never had a problem setting them up either.

                ~Chelle/WillowRaven

                It says "@btinternet.com" but it seems to work just fine in Yahoo Groups as a log-in.