Re: Yahoo! Groups Help Community

  • Phil Schuman/Nook
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 1 8:48 PM
      Interesting that it appears in a current forum version, vs the Yahoo Groups image from the last century.
    • Shal Farley
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 1 9:44 PM
        Phil,

        > Interesting that it appears in a current forum version, vs the Yahoo
        > Groups image from the last century.

        I should have mentioned that help community board format started a few months ago with Yahoo Messenger, then expanded to Yahoo Mail, and now they've opened boards for Yahoo Groups and other Yahoo properties.

        The help system serves a much larger audience than Yahoo Groups; I'm not too surprised they happened to choose a format unrelated to Yahoo Groups.

        -- Shal
      • ottawahitech
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 7, 2012
          Sorry Shal, I am lost. What exactly are Help Communities (Beta?) and who says they will be replaced by Yahoo Answers?

          The link you sent us to is for Yahoo! Messenger (I think) - not for Groups (or Yahoo! in general)?

          > oth,
          >
          > You're gonna love this one. ;-)
          >
          > In particular see AndersonR's reply of Sep 25...
          > "Community Clubhouse forum is closing"
          > <http://help.yahoo.com/communities/index?page=forums&topic=4208e8f604c74ae6adc5024abfcf59a3&forumname=Community%20clubhouse>
          ...>
          > No word yet on how long it will be before this affects the Groups Help
          > Community.
        • Shal Farley
          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 7, 2012
            oth,

            > Sorry Shal, I am lost. What exactly are Help Communities (Beta?) ...

            <sputter> Seriously?

            Starting in the spring of this year Yahoo rolled out a new set of discussion forums to combine peer-to-peer help with Customer Care help. Collectively known as the Yahoo Help Community.

            "Yahoo! Help Community overview video"
            <http://help.yahoo.com/communities/index?page=forums&topic=9a114ac1dfe14edcb9505a278b063ca2&forumname=Welcome%20to%20the%20community>

            There are a couple forums (Welcome and Clubhouse) that are about the Help Community itself. Then, for each of several Yahoo Products, Groups among them, there are a few forums dedicated to that product. For Groups these are "Groups feedback", "Questions and answers" and "Known issues and FAQ". These three forums are collectively the Groups Help Community.

            "UPDATED! What Help Communities are available?"
            <http://help.yahoo.com/communities/index?page=forums&topic=fb426d4e9cc8413887bd3c2fa767549c&forumname=Welcome%20to%20the%20community>

            > and who says they will be replaced by Yahoo Answers?

            The Yahoo rep posting in the topic I cited. Again, Messenger is going first, the rest to follow.

            > The link you sent us to is for Yahoo! Messenger (I think) - not for
            > Groups (or Yahoo! in general)?

            No, that link is to the clubhouse, which is generic to the entire community (all products).

            But that has been a bit of confusion over there. Because they rolled it out first for Messenger, then did some copy/paste work to roll it out for Groups and other products, the navigation sometimes drops you into Messenger forums instead of the product you started in.

            -- Shal