Re: [GMF] Enabling Disabled Email

  • Shal Farley
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 1, 2007
      JL,

      Normally it would be a simple matter of adding your business email address to your Yahoo account, via the "My Email Preferences" page, verifying it, then using the "My Groups" page to set some of your groups to use that address.

      If Yahoo says your business email address is "disabled" I'm not entirely sure what has gone wrong.

      This could mean that Yahoo detected (rightly or wrongly) an autoresponder at that address. I think you need the assistance of Customer Care to reset autoresponder status.

      I think this could also mean that the address is "generic" (info@, postmaster@, ...). Yahoo does not permit such addresses in groups.
      <http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/groups/original/ownmod/email/email-23.html>
      (sixth bullet item down)

      -- Shal