Re: My Group's Picture

  • OldOnliner
    Message 1 of 12 , Apr 5 6:02 AM
      --- In GroupManagersForum@yahoogroups.com, yosimity68 <no_reply@y...>
      wrote:
      > Bingo! It worked.

      Can't tell... I'm not a member. ;-)

      For best results, you should make your Files page open to non-
      members then even casual visitors will see your image.

      Management --> Web Tools --> Edit --> Files / Photos --> CHECK
      "Public (anyone, including non-members, can view files)"

      Unfortunately, we aren't given more tools to control access to those
      areas... it's either all or nothing. To make matters worse, Group
      Photos is really some kind of bastardized relation of the Yahoo
      Briefcase (thus the problems with animations and sizing).

      At the rate things are improving in Y!Groups, we'll should never have
      to worry about this being a premium, for-fee service. (Still feel
      like complaining?) LOL!

      > Again, many thanks.

      Your welcome...

      Mark

      OT:

      Just for kicks and giggles the other day, I turned off my HOSTS file
      and accepted launch of some flash-crap ad here at Yahoo. I then
      clicked the resulting ad box. THAT click resulted in TWO pop-UPS and
      TWO pop-UNDERS, PLUS opening the ad in the original browser window!
      This had to ALL come from the ad since I don't have ANY spyware or
      junk loaded AT ALL! Amazing how annoying these sites are getting.
      What is the point?