HF X3 availability & Coupons

  • druid_noibn
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 29, 2007
      Hi All,

      I visited my local HF store and checked their "Special Orders" book -
      the stores accepts orders for the HF mill #93885 - their on-line
      system does not list the mill in the special orders section.

      Also note - the price in the store is $999.99 and the price on-line
      is $1,029.99. The store delivery saves you the shipping cost but
      sales tax will apply, where appropriate.

      Next - Coupons. I showed the store managers the undated 20% coupon
      and she stated that they will accept it. The suggestion is that we
      used these judiciously least HF posts a note that they will no longer
      accept them.

      Next - Coupons, point 2. The undated 20% coupon is for "in stock"
      intems only so it will not be accepted for "special order" items as
      per the store manager. So, keep a sharp eye out for a less
      restrictive coupon.

      Take care,
      DBN
    • figNoggle
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 29, 2007
        hi druid-

        thanks for the info. we ended up getting the x3 from grizzly delivered to
        our door for $1019 (they have a summer sale that saves you $25). the
        grizzly experience was painless. (it would have been nice to get a 20% off
        coupon applied to the hf version but we haven't been so lucky with special
        order/catalog only items).

        here's our write-up of the x3. there's a picture of the x2 and x3
        side-by-side for those who've been wondering what they look like together.
        <http://www.fignoggle.com/machines/x3mill/index.htm>

        thanks!
        david

        --

        Free photo storage for hobbyists - share pics! <http://www.hobbysnap.com>
        MetalWorkingFAQ.NET - Over 50 content sites! <http://www.metalworkingfaq.net>

        On Fri, 29 Jun 2007, druid_noibn wrote:

        > Hi All,
        >
        > I visited my local HF store and checked their "Special Orders" book -
        > the stores accepts orders for the HF mill #93885 - their on-line
        > system does not list the mill in the special orders section.
        >
        > Also note - the price in the store is $999.99 and the price on-line
        > is $1,029.99. The store delivery saves you the shipping cost but
        > sales tax will apply, where appropriate.
        >
        > Next - Coupons. I showed the store managers the undated 20% coupon
        > and she stated that they will accept it. The suggestion is that we
        > used these judiciously least HF posts a note that they will no longer
        > accept them.
        >
        > Next - Coupons, point 2. The undated 20% coupon is for "in stock"
        > intems only so it will not be accepted for "special order" items as
        > per the store manager. So, keep a sharp eye out for a less
        > restrictive coupon.
        >
        > Take care,
        > DBN

      • Druid Noibn
        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 29, 2007
          Hi David,

          Everyone knows FigNoogle <SMILE> - Thank You for all of your contributions and postings!

          Yes, I saw the Grizzly offering and frankly - I am leaning in that direction due, in part, to the very poor service from HF.  HOWEVER, if I can get a usable coupon, I make reconsider.  I do have a special 10% I am sorry for the miserable service coupon...OK two of them...
          Also, I am thinking and planning to go to their PA tent sale in September (3.5 hours from me) as I always wanted to visit Toyland and who know what one may find.  Also, they will hold the Summer Prices until then.

          A question if I may - some posted that all X3s now have the large table (like Grizzly) but HF notes the dimensions of the smaller table.  As HF is not known to be accurate with their specifications, I would like to know if the X3 from HF has the larger or smaller table.  Do you know?

          Again, Thank You and take care,
          DBN

          figNoggle <david@...> wrote:

          hi druid-

          thanks for the info. we ended up getting the x3 from grizzly delivered to
          our door for $1019 (they have a summer sale that saves you $25). the
          grizzly experience was painless. (it would have been nice to get a 20% off
          coupon applied to the hf version but we haven't been so lucky with special
          order/catalog only items).

          here's our write-up of the x3. there's a picture of the x2 and x3
          side-by-side for those who've been wondering what they look like together.
          <http://www.fignoggl e.com/machines/ x3mill/index. htm>

          thanks!
          david

          --

          Free photo storage for hobbyists - share pics! <http://www.hobbysna p.com>
          MetalWorkingFAQ. NET - Over 50 content sites! <http://www.metalwor kingfaq.net>
          CNC, Plans/Kits, 8x12 Lathe, Mini-Mill, How-Tos <http://www.fignoggl e.com>
          Sieg X3/Super X3 Mill Information, HF/Enco Coupons <http://www.superx3. com>

          On Fri, 29 Jun 2007, druid_noibn wrote:

          > Hi All,
          >
          > I visited my local HF store and checked their "Special Orders" book -
          > the stores accepts orders for the HF mill #93885 - their on-line
          > system does not list the mill in the special orders section.
          >
          > Also note - the price in the store is $999.99 and the price on-line
          > is $1,029.99. The store delivery saves you the shipping cost but
          > sales tax will apply, where appropriate.
          >
          > Next - Coupons. I showed the store managers the undated 20% coupon
          > and she stated that they will accept it. The suggestion is that we
          > used these judiciously least HF posts a note that they will no longer
          > accept them.
          >
          > Next - Coupons, point 2. The undated 20% coupon is for "in stock"
          > intems only so it will not be accepted for "special order" items as
          > per the store manager. So, keep a sharp eye out for a less
          > restrictive coupon.
          >
          > Take care,
          > DBN

        • figNoggle
          Message 4 of 7 , Jun 29, 2007
            hi druid-

            i've heard reports that they are identical dimension-wise.

            hope this helps!
            david

            --

            Free photo storage for hobbyists - share pics! <http://www.hobbysnap.com>
            MetalWorkingFAQ.NET - Over 50 content sites! <http://www.metalworkingfaq.net>
            CNC, Plans/Kits, 8x12 Lathe, Mini-Mill, How-Tos <http://www.fignoggle.com>
            Sieg X3/Super X3 Mill Information, HF/Enco Coupons <http://www.superx3.com>

            On Fri, 29 Jun 2007, Druid Noibn wrote:

            > Hi David,
            >
            > Everyone knows FigNoogle <SMILE> - Thank You for all of your contributions and postings!
            >
            > Yes, I saw the Grizzly offering and frankly - I am leaning in that direction due, in part, to the very poor service from HF. HOWEVER, if I can get a usable coupon, I make reconsider. I do have a special 10% I am sorry for the miserable service coupon...OK two of them...
            > Also, I am thinking and planning to go to their PA tent sale in September (3.5 hours from me) as I always wanted to visit Toyland and who know what one may find. Also, they will hold the Summer Prices until then.
            >
            > A question if I may - some posted that all X3s now have the large table (like Grizzly) but HF notes the dimensions of the smaller table. As HF is not known to be accurate with their specifications, I would like to know if the X3 from HF has the larger or smaller table. Do you know?
            >
            > Again, Thank You and take care,
            > DBN
            >
            > figNoggle <david@...> wrote:
            >

            > hi druid-
            >
            > thanks for the info. we ended up getting the x3 from grizzly delivered to
            > our door for $1019 (they have a summer sale that saves you $25). the
            > grizzly experience was painless. (it would have been nice to get a 20% off
            > coupon applied to the hf version but we haven't been so lucky with special
            > order/catalog only items).
            >
            > here's our write-up of the x3. there's a picture of the x2 and x3
            > side-by-side for those who've been wondering what they look like together.
            > <http://www.fignoggle.com/machines/x3mill/index.htm>
            >
            > thanks!
            > david

          • Druid Noibn
            Message 5 of 7 , Jun 29, 2007
              Hi David,

              I sent a note to HF - they quoted the spec sheet. So, it may be small - still searching.

              Thanks,
              DBN

              figNoggle <david@...> wrote:

              hi druid-

              i've heard reports that they are identical dimension-wise.

              hope this helps!
              david

              --

              Free photo storage for hobbyists - share pics! <http://www.hobbysna p.com>
              MetalWorkingFAQ. NET - Over 50 content sites! <http://www.metalwor kingfaq.net>
              CNC, Plans/Kits, 8x12 Lathe, Mini-Mill, How-Tos <http://www.fignoggl e.com>
              Sieg X3/Super X3 Mill Information, HF/Enco Coupons <http://www.superx3. com>

              On Fri, 29 Jun 2007, Druid Noibn wrote:

              > Hi David,
              >
              > Everyone knows FigNoogle <SMILE> - Thank You for all of your contributions and postings!
              >
              > Yes, I saw the Grizzly offering and frankly - I am leaning in that direction due, in part, to the very poor service from HF. HOWEVER, if I can get a usable coupon, I make reconsider. I do have a special 10% I am sorry for the miserable service coupon...OK two of them...
              > Also, I am thinking and planning to go to their PA tent sale in September (3.5 hours from me) as I always wanted to visit Toyland and who know what one may find. Also, they will hold the Summer Prices until then.
              >
              > A question if I may - some posted that all X3s now have the large table (like Grizzly) but HF notes the dimensions of the smaller table. As HF is not known to be accurate with their specifications, I would like to know if the X3 from HF has the larger or smaller table. Do you know?
              >
              > Again, Thank You and take care,
              > DBN
              >
              > figNoggle <david@fignoggle. com> wrote:
              >

              > hi druid-
              >
              > thanks for the info. we ended up getting the x3 from grizzly delivered to
              > our door for $1019 (they have a summer sale that saves you $25). the
              > grizzly experience was painless. (it would have been nice to get a 20% off
              > coupon applied to the hf version but we haven't been so lucky with special
              > order/catalog only items).
              >
              > here's our write-up of the x3. there's a picture of the x2 and x3
              > side-by-side for those who've been wondering what they look like together.
              > <http://www.fignoggl e.com/machines/ x3mill/index. htm>
              >
              > thanks!
              > david

              Boardwalk for $500? In 2007? Ha!

            • mrdubiel
              Message 6 of 7 , Jul 2, 2007
                I don't know if you have other Harbor Freight locations close to you,
                I have several, but if one location won't take the coupon go to
                another location and try it. I "Special Ordered" my ITEM 40939
                VERTICAL MILLING MACHINE AND used the 25% off coupon a few months ago.
                I was going to use the undated 20% off but someone posted the 25% so I
                used that instead. I cleared it with the store manager before ordering
                it but it seems all stores are different from what I've read in
                forums. Some stores take them and some don't.

                --- In GrizHFMinimill@yahoogroups.com, "druid_noibn" <druid_noibn@...>
                wrote:

                > Hi All,
                >
                > I visited my local HF store and checked their "Special Orders" book -
                > the stores accepts orders for the HF mill #93885 - their on-line
                > system does not list the mill in the special orders section.
                >
                > Also note - the price in the store is $999.99 and the price on-line
                > is $1,029.99. The store delivery saves you the shipping cost but
                > sales tax will apply, where appropriate.
                >
                > Next - Coupons. I showed the store managers the undated 20% coupon
                > and she stated that they will accept it. The suggestion is that we
                > used these judiciously least HF posts a note that they will no longer
                > accept them.
                >
                > Next - Coupons, point 2. The undated 20% coupon is for "in stock"
                > intems only so it will not be accepted for "special order" items as
                > per the store manager. So, keep a sharp eye out for a less
                > restrictive coupon.
                >
                > Take care,
                > DBN

              • Druid Noibn
                Message 7 of 7 , Jul 2, 2007
                  Hi,

                  Good point - thank you.

                  I did notice a definite behavioral difference between stores - I have one that is 20 minutes away, and another that is 1.5 hours.  The store that is farther away is more cooperative...of course <smile>.

                  The 40939 is a nice machine - too big for my home, I am very sorry to say.  Let us know what you think of it.

                  Take care and thanks again,
                  DBN

                  wrote:

                  > Hi All,
                  >
                  > I visited my local HF store and checked their "Special Orders" book -
                  > the stores accepts orders for the HF mill #93885 - their on-line
                  > system does not list the mill in the special orders section.
                  >
                  > Also note - the price in the store is $999.99 and the price on-line
                  > is $1,029.99. The store delivery saves you the shipping cost but
                  > sales tax will apply, where appropriate.
                  >
                  > Next - Coupons. I showed the store managers the undated 20% coupon
                  > and she stated that they will accept it. The suggestion is that we
                  > used these judiciously least HF posts a note that they will no longer
                  > accept them.
                  >
                  > Next - Coupons, point 2. The undated 20% coupon is for "in stock"
                  > intems only so it will not be accepted for "special order" items as
                  > per the store manager. So, keep a sharp eye out for a less
                  > restrictive coupon.
                  >
                  > Take care,
                  > DBN

                  Got a little couch potato?