Re: A warning for anyone considering buying a CNCBridges table for your minimill

  • Dan Furlano
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 1, 2007
      Sorry for the grief, thanks for the warning.

      Dan.

      --- In GrizHFMinimill@yahoogroups.com, "steveh8861" <steveh8861@...>
      wrote:

      > I have been watching this develop for months now.It reminds me of a
      > big fraud by Incon Turbo many years ago on ls1.com. They got 100 guys
      > to put up around 2500$ down to develop a twin turbo kit for the ls1
      > f-bodys.
      > I think maybe 20 guys ever got the kit. The rest pretty much got a few
      > parts or nothing and they just kept making excuse after excuse why
      > they could not deliver and finally they just disappeared. The B.S.
      > worked for almost 2 years if my memory serves me right.
      > Steve
      >
      > --- In GrizHFMinimill@yahoogroups.com, "Barry Young" <barryjyoung@>
      > wrote:
      > >

      > > Hello:
      > >
      > > On January 25, 2007, I paid DeWayne Harlow of CNCBridges for a XY
      > > Table and Z axis mount to make my work envelope much larger. Dewayne
      > > promised to ship no less than 20 times over the last 4 months. I put
      > > business decisions on hold and had to do other things which cost me a
      > > great deal of time and money in anticipation of receiving this table.
      > > When I contacted DeWayne either by telephone or by email or in the
      > > users group for buyers of this table
      > > (http://www.cnczone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24879) he would
      > > usually say "two or three more days" or "Next week" or something
      > > similar. Finally, after four months of this nonsense, I had had
      > > enough. I asked for my table or a refund and was offered a refund of
      > > half what I had paid now and the rest some time later. That was not
      > > good enough. I reported DeWayne for fraud to the Internet Crime
      > > Complaint Center and the Louisiana Attorney Generals office. That
      > > seemed to work as I just received a full refund this morning.
      > >
      > > So think twice before oedering a big table from CNCBridges.
      > >
      > > Barry Young
      > > Young Camera Company

    • Druid Noibn
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 2, 2007
        Hi Barry,

        While your posting was "difficult," it is a critical one - THANK YOU!  Your points were quite clear and direct; the vendor appears to be neither forthright nor honest and the refund point suggest a business that is not "well-established."

        Again - THANK YOU!

        Take care,
        DBN