Re: A warning for anyone considering buying a CNCBridges table for your minimill

  • steveh8861
    Message 1 of 4 , May 31, 2007
      I have been watching this develop for months now.It reminds me of a
      big fraud by Incon Turbo many years ago on ls1.com. They got 100 guys
      to put up around 2500$ down to develop a twin turbo kit for the ls1
      f-bodys.
      I think maybe 20 guys ever got the kit. The rest pretty much got a few
      parts or nothing and they just kept making excuse after excuse why
      they could not deliver and finally they just disappeared. The B.S.
      worked for almost 2 years if my memory serves me right.
      Steve

      --- In GrizHFMinimill@yahoogroups.com, "Barry Young" <barryjyoung@...>
      wrote:

      > Hello:
      >
      > On January 25, 2007, I paid DeWayne Harlow of CNCBridges for a XY
      > Table and Z axis mount to make my work envelope much larger. Dewayne
      > promised to ship no less than 20 times over the last 4 months. I put
      > business decisions on hold and had to do other things which cost me a
      > great deal of time and money in anticipation of receiving this table.
      > When I contacted DeWayne either by telephone or by email or in the
      > users group for buyers of this table
      > (http://www.cnczone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24879) he would
      > usually say "two or three more days" or "Next week" or something
      > similar. Finally, after four months of this nonsense, I had had
      > enough. I asked for my table or a refund and was offered a refund of
      > half what I had paid now and the rest some time later. That was not
      > good enough. I reported DeWayne for fraud to the Internet Crime
      > Complaint Center and the Louisiana Attorney Generals office. That
      > seemed to work as I just received a full refund this morning.
      >
      > So think twice before oedering a big table from CNCBridges.
      >
      > Barry Young
      > Young Camera Company

    • Dan Furlano
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 1, 2007
        Sorry for the grief, thanks for the warning.

        Dan.

        --- In GrizHFMinimill@yahoogroups.com, "steveh8861" <steveh8861@...>
        wrote:

        > I have been watching this develop for months now.It reminds me of a
        > big fraud by Incon Turbo many years ago on ls1.com. They got 100 guys
        > to put up around 2500$ down to develop a twin turbo kit for the ls1
        > f-bodys.
        > I think maybe 20 guys ever got the kit. The rest pretty much got a few
        > parts or nothing and they just kept making excuse after excuse why
        > they could not deliver and finally they just disappeared. The B.S.
        > worked for almost 2 years if my memory serves me right.
        > Steve
        >
        > --- In GrizHFMinimill@yahoogroups.com, "Barry Young" <barryjyoung@>
        > wrote:
        > >

        > > Hello:
        > >
        > > On January 25, 2007, I paid DeWayne Harlow of CNCBridges for a XY
        > > Table and Z axis mount to make my work envelope much larger. Dewayne
        > > promised to ship no less than 20 times over the last 4 months. I put
        > > business decisions on hold and had to do other things which cost me a
        > > great deal of time and money in anticipation of receiving this table.
        > > When I contacted DeWayne either by telephone or by email or in the
        > > users group for buyers of this table
        > > (http://www.cnczone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24879) he would
        > > usually say "two or three more days" or "Next week" or something
        > > similar. Finally, after four months of this nonsense, I had had
        > > enough. I asked for my table or a refund and was offered a refund of
        > > half what I had paid now and the rest some time later. That was not
        > > good enough. I reported DeWayne for fraud to the Internet Crime
        > > Complaint Center and the Louisiana Attorney Generals office. That
        > > seemed to work as I just received a full refund this morning.
        > >
        > > So think twice before oedering a big table from CNCBridges.
        > >
        > > Barry Young
        > > Young Camera Company

      • Druid Noibn
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 2, 2007
          Hi Barry,

          While your posting was "difficult," it is a critical one - THANK YOU!  Your points were quite clear and direct; the vendor appears to be neither forthright nor honest and the refund point suggest a business that is not "well-established."

          Again - THANK YOU!

          Take care,
          DBN