Enco free shipping code

  • jaguar3145
    Message 1 of 28 , Jan 14, 2007
      Does anyone have this month's code. Thanks; Thomas
    • jaydmdigital
      Message 2 of 28 , Jan 14, 2007
        --- In GrizHFMinimill@yahoogroups.com, "jaguar3145" <jaguar3145@...>
        wrote:

        > Does anyone have this month's code. Thanks; Thomas

        Posted Jan 5:

        Enjoy,
        Jay
      • J.A. Freeman
        Message 3 of 28 , Jan 14, 2007
          All you have to do is go to
          and in the box where it says "enter email for special offer" put your email in. Then every month they will send you a couple of emails with the free shipping code in it.
        • resigler13
          Message 4 of 28 , Jan 15, 2007
            Some additional info...

            Apparently, Enco has two different "levels" of customer emails. I get
            one at home that gives me free shipping for orders of $250 or
            greater. However, I get an email at work that is the same in every
            way but one - only a $50 purchase is required to get the free
            shipping. Not sure if the difference is based on a work vs. home
            email address or what but you may need to use your work email if you
            have one to get the best offer.

            Robert

            --- In GrizHFMinimill@yahoogroups.com, "J.A. Freeman" <jfreeman16@...>
            wrote:

            > All you have to do is go to
            > http://www.use-enco.com/CGI/INSRHM
            > and in the box where it says "enter email for special offer" put
            your email in. Then every month they will send you a couple of emails
            with the free shipping code in it.

          • Kevin Jones
            Message 5 of 28 , Jan 15, 2007
              All you have to do is go to
              http://www.use-enco.com/CGI/INSRHM
              and in the box where it says "enter email for special offer" put your email in. Then every month they will send you a couple of emails with the free shipping code in it.

              I did that and they sent me the $50 free shipping code for a while. Once I used it a few times, I starting getting the $250 free shipping codes. I am thinking their system is adaptive. It might be best to use a different e-mail for the "special offers" that you use for the web ordering.

              Regards,
              Kevin Jones
            • J.A. Freeman
              Message 6 of 28 , Jan 15, 2007
                Enco must have some kind of new program based on your email address. I don't have a work email so I just signed up with my home email address over a year ago and have been getting the $50 free shipping emails ever since.
              • Stephen Castello
                Message 7 of 28 , Aug 30, 2011
                  NCCSEP

                  Free UPS shipping on $25 order til 10/31/11.

                  --

                  Stephen

                  "We've got to pause and ask ourselves: How much clean air do we need?"
                  --Lee Iacocca
                • dglazar
                  Message 8 of 28 , Aug 31, 2011
                    Awesome, I just ordered a 12x18 black granite surface plate for $45 - the thing weighs 85 pounds and I got free shipping!

                    --- In GrizHFMinimill@yahoogroups.com, Stephen Castello <zootzoot@...> wrote:

                    > NCCSEP
                    >
                    > Free UPS shipping on $25 order til 10/31/11.
                    >

                    > --
                    >
                    > Stephen
                    >
                    > "We've got to pause and ask ourselves: How much clean air do we need?"
                    > --Lee Iacocca

                  • Bill Williams
                    Message 9 of 28 , Sep 2, 2011
                      dglazar wrote:
                      > Awesome, I just ordered a 12x18 black granite surface plate for $45 -
                      > the thing weighs 85 pounds and I got free shipping!

                      Moving it is the worst problem! You will find it to be useful in the
                      oddest ways. I used two to apply pressure to two sheets of plex that I
                      glued together to make an inclinable comb manometer and it was flat
                      enough to work at a 1:10 slope! Also I find mine very helpful when my
                      Alfa Romeo owning friend shows up complaining that his block deck/main
                      bearing bulkheads/ ??? are not flat enough!! Enjoy! Bill
                    • Nelson T.
                      Message 10 of 28 , Sep 2, 2011
                        Sounds like you are very satisfied with the quality, and you sure can't go wrong with that price.

                        Nelson T.
                        A member of the team at

                        Message 11 of 28 , Sep 3, 2011
                          OK Bill, I will bite. What is an inclinable comb manometer and how is it used to measure flatness of a surface especially those pesky Alfa heads? I mean we all know what a manometer is, it is a low pressure gage using the difference of levels of a liquid in a tube to measure pressure similar to an inclinometer. The comb obviously replaces the traditional scale we have come to know and love on manometers, but the inclinable part has thrown me which I am more than certain was the point of this rather ostentatious post. So spill! what are you talking about, how can we use it in our hobby and please be sure to tell us how to build one from random crap lying about the ordinary amateur machinist's workshop.

                          Thank you

                          Barry Young

                          > Awesome, I just ordered a 12x18 black granite surface plate for $45 -
                          > the thing weighs 85 pounds and I got free shipping!

                              Moving it is the worst problem! You will find it to be useful in the
                          oddest ways. I used two to apply pressure to two sheets of plex that I
                          glued together to make an inclinable comb manometer and it was flat
                          enough to work at a 1:10 slope! Also I find mine very helpful when my
                          Alfa Romeo owning friend shows up complaining that his block deck/main
                          bearing bulkheads/ ??? are not flat enough!!    Enjoy!    Bill

                          <*> Your email settings:
                              Individual Email | Traditional

                          <*> To change settings online go to:
                              (Yahoo! ID required)

                          <*> To change settings via email:
                              GrizHFMinimill-digest@yahoogroups.com
                              GrizHFMinimill-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

                              http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                        • Mark Wendt (Contractor)
                          Message 12 of 28 , Sep 3, 2011
                            Now that right there is funny, I don't care who you are... ;-)

                            Mark

                            On 9/3/2011 3:42 AM, Barry Young wrote:

                            > OK Bill, I will bite. What is an inclinable comb manometer and how is
                            > it used to measure flatness of a surface especially those pesky Alfa
                            > heads? I mean we all know what a manometer is, it is a low pressure
                            > gage using the difference of levels of a liquid in a tube to measure
                            > pressure similar to an inclinometer. The comb obviously replaces the
                            > traditional scale we have come to know and love on manometers, but the
                            > inclinable part has thrown me which I am more than certain was the
                            > point of this rather ostentatious post. So spill! what are you talking
                            > about, how can we use it in our hobby and please be sure to tell us
                            > how to build one from random crap lying about the ordinary amateur
                            > machinist's workshop.
                            >
                            > Thank you
                            >
                            > Barry Young

                          • Stephen Middleton
                            Message 13 of 28 , Sep 3, 2011
                              I can't seem to find that code. Can anyone help?

                              Stephen Middleton
                              DaCapo Music, Ardmore, OK
                              580-226-0373
                              A member of www.Musicstoreowners.com & IMRA
                            • David
                              Message 14 of 28 , Sep 3, 2011
                                look on page two of the latest hot deal catalog

                              • dacapomusic@sbcglobal.net
                                Message 15 of 28 , Sep 3, 2011
                                  Thanks!

                                  Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

                                  From: "David" <superdave257@...>
                                  Sender: GrizHFMinimill@yahoogroups.com
                                  Date: Sat, 03 Sep 2011 16:29:14 -0000
                                  To: <GrizHFMinimill@yahoogroups.com>
                                  ReplyTo: GrizHFMinimill@yahoogroups.com
                                  Subject: [GrizHFMinimill] Re: Enco free shipping code

                                  Message 16 of 28 , Sep 3, 2011
                                    Barry Young wrote:
                                    > OK Bill, I will bite. What is an inclinable comb manometer and how is it
                                    > used to measure flatness of a surface especially those pesky Alfa heads?
                                    > I mean we all know what a manometer is, it is a low pressure gage using
                                    > the difference of levels of a liquid in a tube to measure pressure
                                    > similar to an inclinometer. The comb obviously replaces the traditional
                                    > scale we have come to know and love on manometers, but the inclinable
                                    > part has thrown me which I am more than certain was the point of this
                                    > rather ostentatious post. So spill! what are you talking about, how can
                                    > we use it in our hobby and please be sure to tell us how to build one
                                    > from random crap lying about the ordinary amateur machinist's workshop.
                                    > Thank you
                                    > Barry Young

                                    Barry, I was not trying to do as the academic expression goes:

                                    "If you can't blind them with your Brilliance;"
                                    "Then baffle them with your Bullshit!"

                                    But rather I was drawing upon my experience with surface plates to find
                                    the most outrageous example! Firstly a comb manometer is several
                                    parallel tubes sharing a common reservoir and all in a common plane.This
                                    last is important if you want all of the readings to be relative to each
                                    other. A test of this commonality is to apply the same pressure to all
                                    of them to see if you get the same results. The second test is to slope
                                    the set of manometers so as to spread the travel along the tube for a
                                    given rise in the fluid height. If you can get the manometer to give
                                    good readings at a 10:1 slope then you have done well!
                                    By routing the tubes and manifolds in the front of one sheet of
                                    Plexiglas and then bonding another sheet to the first while caught
                                    between two surface plates I was able to maintain the flatness of the
                                    tubes as well as get a lot in a small space. The object of this exercise
                                    was to measure the flow of air through a two stroke engine cylinder and
                                    thus evaluate the porting. A long ago effort in the pursuit of a Masters
                                    degree at a time when two stroke cycle engines were in great disfavor!
                                    Now as you can see this has nothing to do with nervous Alfa owners
                                    other than the the surface plate. In fact I would doubt that
                                    any of our list members would ever need a manometer let alone a bank
                                    of them!

                                    Bill in Boulder
                                  • November X-Ray
                                    Message 17 of 28 , Sep 3, 2011
                                      If you get the plate to be less than five (5) lightbands of flatness, it certainly will be more than any home/hobbiest machinist will ever need!!! Getting the flat plate perfectly level is another issue.

                                      > OK Bill, I will bite. What is an inclinable comb manometer and how is it
                                      > used to measure flatness of a surface especially those pesky Alfa heads?
                                      > I mean we all know what a manometer is, it is a low pressure gage using
                                      > the difference of levels of a liquid in a tube to measure pressure
                                      > similar to an inclinometer. The comb obviously replaces the traditional
                                      > scale we have come to know and love on manometers, but the inclinable
                                      > part has thrown me which I am more than certain was the point of this
                                      > rather ostentatious post. So spill! what are you talking about, how can
                                      > we use it in our hobby and please be sure to tell us how to build one
                                      > from random crap lying about the ordinary amateur machinist's workshop.
                                      > Thank you
                                      > Barry Young

                                      Barry, I was not trying to do as the academic expression goes:

                                      "If you can't blind them with your Brilliance;"
                                      "Then baffle them with your Bullshit!"

                                      But rather I was drawing upon my experience with surface plates to find
                                      the most outrageous example! Firstly a comb manometer is several
                                      parallel tubes sharing a common reservoir and all in a common plane.This
                                      last is important if you want all of the readings to be relative to each
                                      other. A test of this commonality is to apply the same pressure to all
                                      of them to see if you get the same results. The second test is to slope
                                      the set of manometers so as to spread the travel along the tube for a
                                      given rise in the fluid height. If you can get the manometer to give
                                      good readings at a 10:1 slope then you have done well!
                                      By routing the tubes and manifolds in the front of one sheet of
                                      Plexiglas and then bonding another sheet to the first while caught
                                      between two surface plates I was able to maintain the flatness of the
                                      tubes as well as get a lot in a small space. The object of this exercise
                                      was to measure the flow of air through a two stroke engine cylinder and
                                      thus evaluate the porting. A long ago effort in the pursuit of a Masters
                                      degree at a time when two stroke cycle engines were in great disfavor!
                                      Now as you can see this has nothing to do with nervous Alfa owners
                                      other than the the surface plate. In fact I would doubt that
                                      any of our list members would ever need a manometer let alone a bank
                                      of them!

                                      Bill in Boulder

                                    • Rob B
                                      Message 18 of 28 , Sep 3, 2011
                                        Barry,

                                        I figured out how to possibly build and use this inclinable comb manometer to measure the flatness of the of the Alfa heads.

                                        1.(Build the manometer) Fill a 6 ft long 1/4 inch (inner diameter)plastic tube about 1/2 full with a fluid of your choice. (fluid choice is determined by how you want your meniscus to appear, viscosity, and adhesion to the tube you are using, typically use just water)
                                        2. (Make it inclinable) bend the tube about 1/3 along it's length with the short end vertical and the long end at some incline of your choosing based on your fluid and tube surface characteristics.
                                        3. Thoroughly clean the surface plate and the Alfa heads along the surface of contact.  Lay the Alfa head on the surface plate.
                                        4. Make a cylindrical device that will fit into the spark plug holes. This device shall have 2 holes in it with a rubber gasket that fits on it to seal it when it is screwed into the Alfa head.  Attach the cylindrical device to the head. Plug all other holes in the Alfa head.
                                        5. Connect one hole to the short end of the manometer.  Connect the other hole to a device that can deliver a preset amount of air into the second hole.
                                        6. Deliver the preset amount of air and then note the initial position of the fluid on the inline and the rate of change on the inclinable manometer.
                                        7. The rate of change should be an indication of the air leakage from between the Alfa head and the surface plate.
                                        8.  This procedure could possibly be improved by putting a light fluid between the Alfa head and the surface plate.

                                        Hope this helps ;-)
                                        Bob

                                        Message 19 of 28 , Sep 3, 2011
                                          Looking on line but guess I'm missing it. Thanks anyway:)

                                          Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

                                          From: "David" <superdave257@...>
                                          Sender: GrizHFMinimill@yahoogroups.com
                                          Date: Sat, 03 Sep 2011 16:29:14 -0000
                                          To: <GrizHFMinimill@yahoogroups.com>
                                          ReplyTo: GrizHFMinimill@yahoogroups.com

                                          look on page two of the latest hot deal catalog

                                          --- In GrizHFMinimill@yahoogroups.com, Stephen Middleton <dacapomusic@...> wrote:

                                          > I can't seem to find that code. Can anyone help?
                                          >
                                          > Stephen Middleton
                                          > DaCapo Music, Ardmore, OK
                                          > 580-226-0373
                                          > A member of www.Musicstoreowners.com & IMRA

                                        • Bob
                                          Message 20 of 28 , Sep 3, 2011
                                            For orders of $25 or more:
                                                  NCCSEP

                                            Sent: Saturday, September 03, 2011 10:06 AM

                                            Thanks!

                                            Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

                                            From: "David" <superdave257@...>
                                            Sender: GrizHFMinimill@yahoogroups.com
                                            Date: Sat, 03 Sep 2011 16:29:14 -0000
                                            To: <GrizHFMinimill@yahoogroups.com>

                                            --- In mailto:GrizHFMinimill%40yahoogroups.com, Stephen Middleton <dacapomusic@...> wrote:

                                            > I can't seem to
                                            find that code. Can anyone help?

                                            > Stephen Middleton

                                            DaCapo Music, Ardmore, OK

                                            Message 21 of 28 , Sep 3, 2011
                                              THANKS!

                                              Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

                                              From: "Bob" <rmalsbury@...>
                                              Sender: GrizHFMinimill@yahoogroups.com
                                              Date: Sat, 3 Sep 2011 14:53:23 -0700
                                              To: <GrizHFMinimill@yahoogroups.com>

                                              Sent: Saturday, September 03, 2011 10:06 AM

                                              Thanks!

                                              Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

                                              From: "David" <superdave257@...>
                                              Sender: GrizHFMinimill@yahoogroups.com
                                              Date: Sat, 03 Sep 2011 16:29:14 -0000
                                              To: <GrizHFMinimill@yahoogroups.com>
                                              ReplyTo: GrizHFMinimill@yahoogroups.com

                                              look on page two of the latest hot deal catalog

                                              --- In mailto:GrizHFMinimill%40yahoogroups.com, Stephen Middleton <dacapomusic@...> wrote:

                                              > I can't seem to
                                              find that code. Can anyone help?

                                              > Stephen Middleton

                                              DaCapo Music, Ardmore, OK
                                              > 580-226-0373
                                              > A member of
                                              www.Musicstoreowners.com & IMRA

                                            • g b
                                              Message 22 of 28 , Sep 3, 2011
                                                Sorry if I missed this answer already but is the free shipping still valid?

                                                From: "Bob" <rmalsbury@...>
                                                Sender: GrizHFMinimill@yahoogroups.com
                                                Date: Sat, 3 Sep 2011 14:53:23 -0700
                                                To: <GrizHFMinimill@yahoogroups.com>

                                                Sent: Saturday, September 03, 2011 10:06 AM

                                                Thanks!
                                                Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

                                                From: "David" <superdave257@...>
                                                Sender: GrizHFMinimill@yahoogroups.com
                                                Date: Sat, 03 Sep 2011 16:29:14 -0000
                                                To: <GrizHFMinimill@yahoogroups.com>
                                                ReplyTo: GrizHFMinimill@yahoogroups.com

                                                look on page two of the latest hot deal catalog

                                                --- In mailto:GrizHFMinimill%40yahoogroups.com, Stephen Middleton <dacapomusic@...> wrote:

                                                > I can't seem to find that code. Can anyone help?
                                                >
                                                > Stephen Middleton
                                                > DaCapo Music, Ardmore, OK
                                                > 580-226-0373
                                                > A member of www.Musicstoreowners.com & IMRA

                                              • thunderclaw007
                                                Message 23 of 28 , Sep 3, 2011

                                                  Message 24 of 28 , Sep 4, 2011
                                                    November X-Ray wrote:

                                                    > If you get the plate to be less than five (5) lightbands of flatness, it
                                                    > certainly will be more than any home/hobbiest machinist will ever
                                                    > need!!! Getting the flat plate perfectly level is another issue.

                                                    Nothing near five wavelengths is necessary! Considering that
                                                    you are dealing with commercial Plex plate the inevitable thickness
                                                    variations will add significant error. But you can certainly build a
                                                    comb manometer of serious accuracy for a modest cost! And leveling it
                                                    is a snap, you have a built in level in the manometer tubes! Bill
                                                    Message 25 of 28 , Sep 5, 2011
                                                      Thank you Bill.

                                                      I keep threatening to make a manometer to test squirrel cage fans for my foundry furnace and then never do.

                                                      Have a good one. Try to think amateur machining.

                                                      Barry

                                                      Message 26 of 28 , Sep 5, 2011
                                                        Ad says valid thru Oct 31, 2011.....

                                                        Bob

                                                        Sorry if I missed this answer already but is the free shipping still valid?

                                                        From: "Bob" <rmalsbury@...>
                                                        Sender: GrizHFMinimill@yahoogroups.com
                                                        Date: Sat, 3 Sep 2011 14:53:23 -0700
                                                        To: <GrizHFMinimill@yahoogroups.com>

                                                        Sent: Saturday, September 03, 2011 10:06 AM

                                                        Thanks!
                                                        Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

                                                        From: "David" <superdave257@...>
                                                        Sender: GrizHFMinimill@yahoogroups.com
                                                        Date: Sat, 03 Sep 2011 16:29:14 -0000
                                                        To: <GrizHFMinimill@yahoogroups.com>
                                                        ReplyTo: GrizHFMinimill@yahoogroups.com

                                                        look on page two of the latest hot deal catalog

                                                        --- In mailto:GrizHFMinimill%40yahoogroups.com, Stephen Middleton <dacapomusic@...> wrote:

                                                        > I can't seem to find that code. Can anyone help?
                                                        >
                                                        > Stephen Middleton
                                                        > DaCapo Music, Ardmore, OK
                                                        > 580-226-0373
                                                        > A member of www.Musicstoreowners.com & IMRA

                                                      • Mark Wendt
                                                        Message 27 of 28 , Sep 6, 2011
                                                          Barry,

                                                          The squirrels may not like that. ;-)

                                                          Mark

                                                          On 09/05/2011 07:10 PM, Barry Young wrote:

                                                          > Thank you Bill.
                                                          >
                                                          > I keep threatening to make a manometer to test squirrel cage fans for
                                                          > my foundry furnace and then never do.
                                                          >
                                                          > Have a good one. Try to think amateur machining.
                                                          >
                                                          > Barry
                                                        • Bill Williams
                                                          Message 28 of 28 , Sep 6, 2011
                                                            Rob B wrote:

                                                            > Barry,
                                                            >
                                                            > I figured out how to possibly build and use this inclinable comb
                                                            > manometer to measure the flatness of the of the Alfa heads.
                                                            >
                                                            > 1.(Build the manometer) Fill a 6 ft long 1/4 inch (inner
                                                            > diameter)plastic tube about 1/2 full with a fluid of your choice. (fluid
                                                            > choice is determined by how you want your meniscus to appear, viscosity,
                                                            > and adhesion to the tube you are using, typically use just water)
                                                            > 2. (Make it inclinable) bend the tube about 1/3 along it's length with
                                                            > the short end vertical and the long end at some incline of your choosing
                                                            > based on your fluid and tube surface characteristics.
                                                            > 3. Thoroughly clean the surface plate and the Alfa heads along the
                                                            > surface of contact. Lay the Alfa head on the surface plate.
                                                            > 4. Make a cylindrical device that will fit into the spark plug holes.
                                                            > This device shall have 2 holes in it with a rubber gasket that fits on
                                                            > it to seal it when it is screwed into the Alfa head. Attach the
                                                            > cylindrical device to the head. Plug all other holes in the Alfa head.
                                                            > 5. Connect one hole to the short end of the manometer. Connect the
                                                            > other hole to a device that can deliver a preset amount of air into the
                                                            > second hole.
                                                            > 6. Deliver the preset amount of air and then note the initial position
                                                            > of the fluid on the inline and the rate of change on the inclinable
                                                            > manometer.
                                                            > 7. The rate of change should be an indication of the air leakage from
                                                            > between the Alfa head and the surface plate.
                                                            > 8. This procedure could possibly be improved by putting a light fluid
                                                            > between the Alfa head and the surface plate.
                                                            >
                                                            > Hope this helps ;-)
                                                            > Bob

                                                            Couldn't you just implement (6) and (8) and look for the bubbles? Bill,
                                                            not to be toyed with! in Boulder