Re: [GrizHFMinimill] Re: Double gas spring conversion

  • Mike Payson
    Message 1 of 44 , Jan 1, 2007
      I gotta ask, if it bothers you so much, why don't you just not read the thread? If that's to much, you could always unsubscribe. And since you apparently have nothing but disdain for the mill anyway, it doesn't seem like you would be missing out on anything-- you wouldn't own a TURD, after all, would you? As for starting a new thread, if you have something constructive to say, please feel free to start it.

      What a way to start the new year, reading this kind of nonsense...

      On 1/1/07, radish1us <radish1us@... > wrote:

      > A novel approach to eliminating z axis drop might be to add a block
      containing a free turning pinnion with a knob attached which could be
      turned in conjunction with the fine feed knob in order to take up the
      backlash. Another way might be to make a two piece anti-backlash
      pinnion .

      AAaaahhh, still polishing away at it.

      If you start of with a turd, then poke and prod away at it, lift it
      up to see what is underneath, out with the polishing rag and make it
      all shiny.

      Well, what have you got left, still a turd ain't it??

      So what's with all you lot and this Z axis drop garbage, just use the
      bleedin' thing and work within it's limitations. If it's such a
      problem with this machine, trade the thing in on something else.

      OK, there are a couple of mods that are handy and convenient, but
      this particular subject has been beaten to death, on that many
      occasions, that it's bleedin' boring.

      ---------------AKA, polishing a TURD.---------------------------------

      Could somebody, anybody, please start another thread on some other
      subject.

      Yahoo! Groups Links

      <*> Your email settings:
          Individual Email | Traditional