Re: [GrizHFMinimill] Beginning milling plans?

  • Harvey White
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 31 11:24 PM
      On Tue, 31 Oct 2006 21:22:23 -0800, you wrote:

      >I finally got my mill setup after having it sit on my garage floor
      >since May. Now I need to figure out what to do with it. Can anyone
      >suggest any projects on the web that are good for an absolute
      >beginner? Preferably free, and preferably something like a vise or
      >useful tool of some sort.

      Depends on what you want to do, but there's some stuff at
      www.dragonworks.info

      Some of it is kinda advanced, some is basic, some is probably a little
      special purpose, but the price is right.

      There are some basic lathe and mill projects somewhere in there.

      Harvey

      >Thanks,
      >Mike

    • Keith Burton
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 1, 2006
        try the book

        Milling : a complete course by Harold Hall

        not free , not 'complete' but well worth the money as it describes a number
        of beginner projects

        Keith

        Mike Payson wrote:
        > I finally got my mill setup after having it sit on my garage floor
        > since May. Now I need to figure out what to do with it. Can anyone
        > suggest any projects on the web that are good for an absolute
        > beginner? Preferably free, and preferably something like a vise or
        > useful tool of some sort.
        >
        > Thanks,
        > Mike
      • figNoggle
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 1, 2006
          hi-

          congrats on the mill!

          here's a simple and useful project - a tap block. it'll teach you how to
          square up a piece and the "feel" of drilling holes requring at least two
          tool changes in between.

          <http://www.fignoggle.com/tooling/tap-die-thread.htm>

          hope this helps and have fun!

          david

          MetalWorkingFAQ.NET - Over 50 content sites! <http://www.metalworkingfaq.net>
          CNC, Plans/Kits, 8x12 Lathe, Mini-Mill, How-Tos <http://www.fignoggle.com>
          Sieg X3/Super X3 Mill Information, HF/Enco Coupons <http://www.superx3.com>

          On Wed, 1 Nov 2006, Harvey White wrote:

          > On Tue, 31 Oct 2006 21:22:23 -0800, you wrote:
          >
          > >I finally got my mill setup after having it sit on my garage floor
          > >since May. Now I need to figure out what to do with it. Can anyone
          > >suggest any projects on the web that are good for an absolute
          > >beginner? Preferably free, and preferably something like a vise or
          > >useful tool of some sort.
          >
          > Depends on what you want to do, but there's some stuff at
          > www.dragonworks.info
          >
          > Some of it is kinda advanced, some is basic, some is probably a little
          > special purpose, but the price is right.
          >
          > There are some basic lathe and mill projects somewhere in there.
          >
          > Harvey
          >

          > >Thanks,
          > >Mike
          > >

          > Yahoo! Groups Links

        • Marcello Giura
          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 2, 2006
            > I finally got my mill setup after having it sit on my garage floor
            > since May. Now I need to figure out what to do with it. Can anyone
            > suggest any projects on the web that are good for an absolute
            > beginner? Preferably free, and preferably something like a vise or
            > useful tool of some sort.

            hello Mike,

            have a look at this site.
            < http://homepage3.nifty.com/amigos/index-e.html >

            Marcello
          • lorier dal
            Message 5 of 6 , Nov 2, 2006
              I have some on my site at

              http://www.geocities.com/lorierda/

              Marcello Giura <m.giura@...> a écrit :
              > I finally got my mill setup after having it sit on my garage floor
              > since May. Now I need to figure out what to do with it. Can anyone
              > suggest any projects on the web that are good for an absolute
              > beginner? Preferably free, and preferably something like a vise or
              > useful tool of some sort.

              hello Mike,

              have a look at this site.
              < http://homepage3. nifty.com/ amigos/index- e.html >

              Marcello

              Besoin d'un bon plan d'appel ? Appelez gratuitement de PC à PC Téléchargez Yahoo! Messenger.