Going to CNC the mini. Have a few questions. (Leadscrew dia, and z-axis..etc)

  • skipperoftheboat
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 29, 2006
      Hi, I was going to transfer all my cnc equipt from my X1 to a X2
      hopefully. I was planning on using the stock leadscrews and nuts.

      What is the diameter of the section of leadscrew where the handle is
      connected to? (This would be where a spider coupling would go.)

      Is the z-axis backlash repeatable? Even if it has tons of backlash,
      how is the repeatablility? Same with the X & y?

      Lastly, is the X and Y axis table always in full contact with the
      dovetails at all extremes of travel? IE, 100% in contact at 8"x and
      4"y out?

      Thanks a ton. - Zachery