Cheap DROs

  • charlie4_66043
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 8, 2006
      I just bought a couple of DRO quills on ebay for cheap. 6" horizontal
      for $14 and an 8" horizontal for $18. Item numbers 7613943075 and
      7613942064.

      What do you think? Will these work?

      Charlie
    • lcard989
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 8, 2006
        After spending a weekend struggling with the stock Z-axis
        configuration, I was beginning to want a DRO setup...

        Does anyone know the electrical / signalling specifations used for the
        "Data Output" feature used on this type of DRO?

        How do you read them (electronically) ?

        Thanks for any help!

        ./Loren

        --- In GrizHFMinimill@yahoogroups.com, "charlie4_66043" <radfordc@...>
        wrote:

        > I just bought a couple of DRO quills on ebay for cheap. 6" horizontal
        > for $14 and an 8" horizontal for $18. Item numbers 7613943075 and
        > 7613942064.
        >
        > What do you think? Will these work?
        >
        > Charlie

      • Geoff
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 8, 2006
          Check out http://www.shumatech.com for details of the encoding used by
          these scales. There is also a Yahoo group for the shumatech DRO.

          Regards
          Geoff
          --- In GrizHFMinimill@yahoogroups.com, "lcard989" <lcard@...> wrote:

          > After spending a weekend struggling with the stock Z-axis
          > configuration, I was beginning to want a DRO setup...
          >
          > Does anyone know the electrical / signalling specifations used for the
          > "Data Output" feature used on this type of DRO?
          >
          > How do you read them (electronically) ?
          >
          > Thanks for any help!
          >
          > ./Loren
          >
          > --- In GrizHFMinimill@yahoogroups.com, "charlie4_66043" <radfordc@>
          > wrote:
          > >
          > > I just bought a couple of DRO quills on ebay for cheap. 6"
          horizontal
          > > for $14 and an 8" horizontal for $18. Item numbers 7613943075 and
          > > 7613942064.
          > >
          > > What do you think? Will these work?
          > >
          > > Charlie

        • Gary Harper
          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 8, 2006
            Check out the Shumatech project. It explains all of
            that stuff and offers plans on how to build your own
            DRO system using these cheap scales.