Re: [GrizHFMinimill] Rotary tables

    Message 1 of 41 , Mar 6, 2002
      Hi Ed:

      it is better but not essential to have a rotary table
      which is designed to work vertically as well as
      horizontally. You can also attach a horizontal rotab
      to an angle plate if you need to use it vertically.

      The tapered hole is for mounting accessories in the
      center of the table quickly. Most places I have worked
      the rotary tables are counterbored and have a parallel
      walled hole. This is because it is way easier and
      faster to make a spigot (The alignment spud which goes
      into the hole) that is straight rather than tapered.
      The hole is also used to get the rotab centered under
      the spindle of the machine it is used on.

      Barry Young

      --- rabeet00 <rabeet00@...> wrote:
      > I have my eyes on getting a rotary table. At the
      > moment, the ones I
      > am considering are the 6" and the "Phase II" 4" at
      > LMS. I found a
      > similar Phase II 6" at MSC, but I prefer to spend my
      > money at LMS if
      > it is feasible.
      >
      > Anyone have any suggestions as to brand, etc.?
      > Better to have a
      > vertical/horinzontal vs. just horizontal?
      >
      > And what the heck is the tapered hole used for?
      > Seems like one could
      > put a dead center in it to make aligning the table
      > with the spindle
      > easier or something like that.
      >
      > Thanks,
      >
      > Ed