Re: Changing minimill spindles between brands

  • afogassa@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 10 , Jun 1, 2001
      --- In GrizHFMinimill@y..., "Barry Young" <barryjyoung@y...> wrote:

      > Hi:
      >
      > Anyone interested in changing spindles between the HF and Grizzly
      > Minimills take note:
      >
      > This is a copy of an email I received from Seig Industrial Ltd.
      They
      > are the manufacturer.

      > Dear Mr.Young
      >
      > Sorry for my wrong answer.
      > Ther are two bearings fit with spindle. We call up
      > bearing and bottom bearing
      > up bearing bottom
      > bearing
      > G8689 part no.123 part no. 123
      > HF44991 part no.123 part no. 170
      >
      > Type part no. 123 is ball bearing 80206
      > 170 is ball bearing 80107
      -
      > So if you want an R-8 in your Grizzly or an M-3 in your HF, you
      need
      > to order the bearings when you order the replacement spindle.
      >
      > Just an FYI
      >
      > Barry Young

      Barry,
      I've a grizzly minimill retrofited to cnc and I realy like the idea
      of using R8.Would you post the link to Seig industrial?or fone number.

      Thank's a lot.
      Fogassa.
      Message 2 of 10 , Jun 4, 2001
        Hello Fogassa:

        Sorry it took so long to answer, I was on vacation.

        I have changed operating systems and lost my favorites
        list. I cannot at this time find the Seig Industrial
        Ltd. website.

        Sorry

        Barry Young

        a year! http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/
      • rralbers@juno.com
        Message 3 of 10 , Jun 5, 2001
          --- In GrizHFMinimill@y..., afogassa@y... wrote:
          >Would you post the link to Seig industrial?or fone number.
          >
          > Thank's a lot.
          > Fogassa.

          Try http://www.siegind.com/metal1.htm

          RA
        • marcfreidus
          Message 4 of 10 , Oct 20, 2008
            The links to Victor Machinery in the post above are outdated.

            The morse taper collets are at:

            http://www.victornet.com/cgi-bin/victor/productlist.html?subdepartments=Morse+Taper+Collets%3A285%2C1104

            The home page is at:

            http://www.victornet.com/cgi-bin/victor/index.html