Re: New Mini Mill Design at Penn Tool

  • Dave J
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 2, 2005
      Reminds me of an odd little mill a guy in New Zealand reported
      buying a few months ago. I wonder if it has a quill? I wonder if
      the head can be returned exactly to the vertical position without
      tramming?

      --- "Mike Nash" <mn.minimill@m...> wrote:

      > I just saw a "Precise Mini Milling and Drilling Machine" at
      > Penn Tool. It doesn't look like a Seig X2 either but it has
      > the same general style.
      >
      > Work head can tilt ±45º
      > Excellent quality Mini Mill/Drill machine.
      > The head has a 2-speed gearbox for increased torque. It is
      > powered by a 350W
      > electronic variable-speed-controlled motor.
      > The head has a 2-speed gearbox for increased torque.
      > It is powered by a 350W electronic variable-speed-controlled motor.
      > All slides Utilize dovetail construction for maximum rigidity.
      > The table is hardened and ground with 1/2" "T" - slots.
      > Specifications:
      > Drilling capacity: 1/2"
      > End milling capacity: 5/8"
      > Face milling capacity; 1-3/8"
      > Headstock travel(Z): 7.1"
      > Table Size: 15.4" x 3.68"
      > Cross axis(x): 4"
      > Longitudinal axis(Y): 8.66"
      > Spindle rotary angle: from -45º to +45º
      > Output power: 1/2H.P. 110V
      > Spindle speed: Low range 0-1100 RPM High range 0-2500 RPM
      > Spindle taper: MT#3
      > T-slot: 1/2"
      > Weight: 150 lbs.
      >
      > XJ-9510 Mini Milling and Drilling Machine $495.00

    • Radish
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 3, 2005

        > I just saw a "Precise Mini Milling and Drilling Machine" at Penn
        Tool. It
        > doesn't look like a Seig X2 either but it has the same general style.
        >
        > XJ-9510 Mini Milling and Drilling Machine $495.00
        >
        > http://www.penntoolco.com/catalog/products/products.cfm?
        categoryID=6133

        > Mike Nash

        Going by the number of the machine, XJ-9510, it is a Seig product, this
        might be the newer version of the mini mill and they are still using
        their old manufacturing number.
        Here is another link to another retailer/wholesaler who is selling the
        older/normal version of the mini mill with the same number XJ-9510.
        This mini mill is definately manufactured by Seig Industries from good
        ole China.

        http://www.ezmro.co.kr/product/mini/milling/xj9510.htm

        Do the conversions from metric to mongrel and you will find that they
        are just about identical in every detail of the specs.
        So possibly you have stumbled onto the newest/latest version of the
        mini mill.
        Just have to wait and see if there are any fire sales of the older
        version before the newer version is let loose onto the market.

        regards radish