Table travel question

  • Carl Trost
    Message 1 of 49 , Oct 30, 2005
      New guy first post here. They travel on my table seems to be a bit
      odd. I get about 4 inches of travel to the right. It will turn up to a
      point where it is just to hard to turn. I get a bit over 5 inches of
      travel to the left. I turns until it quite abruptly stops as if there
      were a mechanical stop. No gradual increase in the difficulty of the
      turn. Any ideas? Why the lopsided amounts of travel. I would expect
      the same amount out of both sides. Why wont it travel the entire
      length of the table. The rule on the side goes 6 inches either side of
      center. Could it be modified to go the entire length? How? Which of
      the available upgrades are worth the effort and price? ie. 20
      tpi "true inch" screws, longer y travel bed, larger table, air shock
      replacement for trosion arm, etc.... or any I missed? Thanks for
      suffering the queries of yet another newbie!

      Carl
    • jrd
      Message 49 of 49 , Nov 8, 2005
        At first I thought my kids were the Gremlins! Found out they weren't, at least most of the time. I really get steamy when I find a tool all nice and rusty in the yard.

        John