Re: Books on machining

  • tkeliher
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 15, 2005
      --- In GrizHFMinimill@yahoogroups.com, "Jim RabidWolf" <aardvark@p...>
      wrote:
      > They're not books, but they are excellent videos for the beginner
      (and even the middle of the road guys as the last one is on
      stripping/reassembling and tramming the mill) - Try SwarfRat's videos -
      <snip>

      I concur completely with JRW. I am a raw beginner and had lots of
      doubts and concerns about the mini mill. I rented one of Swarf Rats
      videos and was so impressed with it I immediately purchased the entire
      series of 5 (a sixth is due out shortly). After watching the videos I
      had full confidence in my ability to use the mini mill and many,
      many "mysteries" were explained away in the videos.

      Highly recommended; two thumbs up; etc! :)

      -Tom
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 16, 2005
        I would also recommend a community college course to
        someone interested in learning quickly and without
        stitches.

        Barry Young

        http://us.click.yahoo.com/dpRU5A/wUILAA/yQLSAA/RUTolB/TM

        http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs