RE: [GrizHFMinimill] Rotary table question

  • Mark Wendt (Contractor)
    Message 1 of 9 , Jul 7, 2005
      Chuck,

               I'm considering the rotary table because I'd like to try my hand at making fly fishing reels.  The reel's diameters are going to be anywhere from about 2 3/4" to about 3 1/2".  I'm worried that the 4" may be just a tad too small, and the 6" might be cutting it close on the larger reels.  But, if the 8" won't fit, then I'll probably go with the 6" since that would cover the majority of the reel sizes I'd like to make.  Thanks!

      Mark

      At 12:42 PM 7/6/2005, you wrote:
      Mark,

      I have a 4" RT that I purchased from HF that works for drilling operations but when it comes to radial work there is to much play in it. I needed something more precise so I purchased a 6" RT (G1049) from grizzly that I am very pleased with. Another advantage the 6" RT has is the MT#2 center hole.

      As with anything it depends on what you want to do with it. For my mini-mill I needed both the 4" & 6" RT.

      Good Luck,
      Chuck
      N40.03:W75.92