Re: Sine Vise Substitute?

  • Kevin Gregg
    Message 1 of 4 , May 26, 2005
      That's basically what I did. I don't recall how long the piece was,
      but I used that as the hypotenuse and X as my opposite side so I ended
      up with SIN 5 = X/hypotenuse I think? Anyway, it came out that I
      needed one end .136 higher than the other so I used a .25 parallel on
      one side and a .375 on the other with a piece of .010 shim sitting on
      top of it. I cut it and it seems to fit fine. This is the first time
      I have had to cut an angle like that - it may be worth my while to
      pick up a vise in the future.

      thanks,
      Kevin