Re: [GrizHFMinimill] Mounting 4-jaw chuck to rotary table.

  • Allen Sparks
    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 3 6:21 PM
      You will have to drill 4 equaly spaced holes through
      the chuck body to match the tee slots. If the chuck is
      smaller than the table, then possible to use bolts and
      clamps.

      --- trwalters001 <tim@...> wrote:

      > Hi All,
      > How do I mount the 4-jaw chuck that fits my HF 7x10
      > mini-lathe to my
      > 4" rotary table? I want to use it on my HF mini
      > mill.
      > TIA,
      > Tim Walters

      __________________________________
      Celebrate Yahoo!'s 10th Birthday!
    • speedphoto300
      Message 2 of 10 , Mar 4 7:47 AM
        Tim

        Littlemachineshop.com sells an adapter plate for this purpose.

        Joe
      • Harvey White
        Message 3 of 10 , Mar 4 8:26 AM
          On Thu, 3 Mar 2005 22:27:15 -0800, you wrote:

          >Hi Tim:
          >
          >It is poor netiquette to ask on two list at the same time. It will reduce
          >the number of replies that you will receive.
          >
          >This is really a lathe question. You need to turn a copy of the lathe
          >spindle nose on a flange to bolt to the rotary table. Drill holes in the
          >flange to attach to the table.

          One other thing to consider is that if you have an MT2 hole in the
          middle of the rotary table, buy an adaptor and then make the adaptor
          to the lathe chuck concentric with that. If the flange of the
          adaptor sits on the table, then the table supports the chuck, but the
          MT2 is used for centering.

          To center the chuck, you indicate on the hole in the rotary table, and
          go from there...

          Harvey

          >Bye, Ken

        • Jim E.
          Message 4 of 10 , Mar 4 9:12 AM
            Depends who's rotary table. The Sherline has a 3/8" (IIRC) threaded
            center, so you'd mount your chuck to an adapter plate then bolt it
            through the middle to the RT. Dunno about the others...

            Graciously,
            Jim
            Lakewood, CA
            All Hail Rube Goldberg!