Re: Clean up new machine

  • kiko_pabs
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 28, 2005
      Yes I did disassemble it except the column from the base.
    • Jake Dempsey
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 1 9:39 AM
        Clean up new machine

        Tear it down (meaning take the bed off, the back unbolts, and just get the major components loose, you don’t have to break down the motor or anything… But I just cleaned mine real good with wd-40 and then re-lubed it with lithium grease. Works like a charm, except for those doggone little tension thingys that stripped out the first day.

        Jake Dempsey

        Director of Sales

        Rose Technologies

        (425) 637-2344 xt. 103

        (425) 637-8655 (fax)

        www.rosetechnologies.com

        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 1 10:41 AM
          Clean up new machine
          Personally, I use solvent mineral spirits to remove the red "cosmoline" grease from the equipment. I have ceased using lithium on the plastic parts and am using Teflon Lube Gel (you can get it at Radio Shack). It quiets the headstock down immensely.

          I use lithium on the dovetails, oil on the ways and lead screw (Mobil 1 synthetic).

          Rabid
          We repair the Electronic Speed Controllers
          for the Asian Mini Lathes and Mini Mills
          "Just Crazy Enough To Get The Job Done"